Chapter 9

I walked out from the curtain and onto the stage. The lights hit me hard ; blinding me for a couple seconds.

" Have a seat Ryan ! Tell us about yourself " the host said taking my hand and leading me towards a seat. I sat down and looked out to the crowd.

There was over five hundred people looking at me. I made eye contact with a unsuspecting teen . She gaps and starts waving. I gave a small wave back sending her into crazy fan mood.

Oops...

" Ryan you change over these past few days ; why is that ?" the host asked getting right to the point. I shifted in my uncomfortable seat not wanting to answer but knowing I have to. " What do you mean ? " I said.

I never really paid much attention to Ryan Lee when he was actually here. I just knew who he was and that's about it.

" I thought you was going to say that " she said snapping her fingers. In front of us and the back appeared a wide screen t.v. I starred up at it amazed when I realize there going to show some of Ryan Lee's flaws.

This is not a interview ; I'm here to be proven I'm a liar.

" Remember the time you told your fans you don't care about them ? Or the time you gave the paparazzi the finger ? " the host said as each picture demonstrated what he did. The host raised her eyebrows waiting for my answer.

" That was a while ago ; I changed now. I realized I need my adorable fans to make my career blossom. Yes I made mistakes but I'm back now as a new person " I said straining my voice to sound like Ryan Lee.

The host raised her eyebrows higher then before. " So you changed? Is that true or are you trying to cover up your mistakes ? " she said. " It's all true " I said looking her in the eye. " That's what you say. Jenna Smith come on out here ! " the host said.

At the mention of her name memories of the day I broke up with her started flowing back. I never told Andrew about the sudden break up because I knew he would over react and I didn't want to lose my job. 

Jenna appeared from the other side of the curtain in a yellow sun dress with black flats. I watch as she slowly made her way towards the seat next to me.

" From what I heard form Jenna it seems like you haven't changed at all " the host said looking at me then at her. The audience gasps when they saw Jenna roll her eyes.

The presents of over five hundred people starring at me felt like I was boiling under their gaze. The camera was pointed at my face waiting for what I was going to say next. 

" I changed " was all that came out of my mouth. " So your saying you changed so much that you broke up with Jenna ? " the host said making the audience gasp.

Why does this host keep putting words in my mouth ?

" He said he loved me then broke up with me . I tried so hard to be the best - " her fake tears cut her off mid sentence. I turned my gaze to her with disgust written all over my face.

" I broke up with Jenna for a reason " I said turning back to the host. Her eyes widened in interest . " Go on " she said. I looked out to the audience that supported Ryan Lee and explained.

" There was a time I loved her but I realized I'm still young and have a lot to live for. She wasn't what I was truly looking for " I said forcing every words that came out of my mouth.

I lied.

Jenna is a spoiled brat who took advantage of Ryan. She don't deserve any kindness.

Too bad I gave it to her.

" I see. That is a good reason " the host said stuck on what to say next. Jenna stopped her fake crying and glared at me. Her eyes told me every word she wanted to say out loud ; she hates me.

" Well that's a wrap everyone ! Thanks for being her tonight ! If you guys look under your chair you would see a Ryan Lee cologne and perfume ! " the host said as the curtain close.

" You did good Ryan " the host said slapping me on the back. "Same goes for you " I said slapping her on the back also. She made a face and walked away.

Jenna was standing still with a dazed expression on her face. I slowly approached her.

" Sometimes I wonder why you even try " I said standing next to her. She snapped out of her daze and looked up at me. " You won okay. Know leave me alone " she said . " As much as I would love to see you cry ; I can't do that " I said . " Wow. Thanks I guess " she said with sarcasm.

I walked away defeated. Sometimes it's better off to leave things how it was.

I went to the door that was labled Ryan Lee and opened it to find Andrew and Abril gone. I stepped into the room and sat down on the couch closing my eyes and replaying the interview in my head.

I heard a sound coming from the corner of the room but thinking it was nothing I kept my eyes close. I begin to feel someone breathing down on me .

I opened one of my eye's thinking it was Andrew playing a trick on me.

I froze in shock when I realized it wasn't Andrew. My other eye sprang open while my feet stumbled to get up.

He grabbed me by the shirt and pushed me against the wall.

" Who are you " he asked . He dropped his hands from my shirt when his hands brushed against my chest. " What the - " he started to say but the jiggling of the door knob interrupted him. He looked me in the eyes as I fell to the floor.

I watch him as he jumped out the window the moment a giggling Andrew and Abril walked in.

" Crystal you won't believe what Jenna did - " Abril said but stopped when she saw me on the floor with my shirt messed up. " What happened ! " Andrew and Abril said at the same time rushing towards me.

A smile played against my lips.

" Guess who's back "