Chapter 5

" Finally your-" Andrew started to say but stopped when he saw my new look " Wow you actually look cooler then me! If I was a girl I would fall for you ". I gave him a look while my eyes adjusted to the light.

I'm a girl; I don't need other girls falling for me.

" Sorry for the last comment... but " Andrew said trying to change the tension between us. " But what ? " I asked waiting for him to finish his sentence. " But at least your a hot guy instead of an ugly one." he said finishing his sentence. I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed him.

I don't remember when the atmosphere between me and Andrew changed. It was suddenly easy to talk to him. I no longer had to force myself to make the words I wanted to say come out of my mouth.

Maybe it's the magic of being Ryan Lee. I'm no longer Crystal Dark ; the person who gets teased , bullied , unnoticed , and has a broken family. Instead I'm Ryan Lee ; the person who face is posted on every teen magazine. The one who has a perfect family and all the money. The person who became successful over night in music.

Yes. I'm the famous Ryan Lee.

" Crystal the moment your in front of the cameras your no longer Crystal Dark. Your Ryan Lee ; got it ?" Andrew said bringing me back to reality. Has he been talking the whole time? I gave him a fake smile . It would be rude if he found out i zoned out half way through his speech of wisdom.

" You did not hear a word that just came out of my mouth did you ? " Andrew said. " Not a single word... " i told him honestly. Andrew eyes went up to the ceiling while mumbling words under his breath. " Crystal dear could you please just go in front of the camera's and pose ? " he said too sweetly. I gave him a nod i see boys do in the hallway and walked towards the camera's.

As i walked toward the camera's i looked at the people behind them. I saw a person with a sweater vest paired with baggie jeans and another wearing a button up white shirt with a coffee stain on it.

I use to be one of them ; in fact i still am. I rather be behind the camera and envy the person in front of it. I'm not the type to be in the spot light ; but then again i'm not Crystal Dark. I'm Ryan Lee.

When i appeared in front of the green screen i focused my eyes on the camera. " Okay remember to pose and act like the camera is not here " i heard a man behind the camera tell me.

Don't tell me what to do . I'll work this green screen better then the Ryan Lee that ran away from his job. Me , Crystal Dark is going to own this world as if i created it.

I don't know where my confidence came from but it was there and right now at this moment i needed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Ryan you rocked out there ! "

" It's been a while since i seen you so energetic ."

" Next time you need a cameraman remember to rehire me ! "

I closed the door to Abril dressing room taking in all my compliments and job offers. " Crystal you rocked out there! Your almost better than Ryan Lee himself " Abril said when she saw me close the door. I turned around and flopped onto the chair she cut my hair in. " I can't believe i just did that " I said out loud. " Well believe it ! Oh and i found something in your pants pocket. I didn't read it or anything " she said as she handed me the note i found in my locker.

I forgot all about the note.

Why is it that whenever i try to run away from school it always catches up with me ? How is it that when i want to forget about school it's the only thing on my mind ?