*~Chapter 25~*

You couldn't sleep much that night. You didn't know why, you just couldn't. So, you decided to go out for a bit. You successfully snuck downstairs without disturbing anyone, but as you opened the front door you'd forgotten about one thing...

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

The sudden high-pitched voice startled you. "Oh, shi- Hooty! Shhh! Damn, I forgot you're there.." You sighed. "I'm just going for a walk, okay? I'll be back later."

"Ooh, a walk?? Can I come??!" He got all up in your face as he spoke excitedly.

"Uh... no." You stepped back. "I just think.. it would be more.. beneficial for me, if I went... alone. Okay?"

You walked away, letting out a breath.

But he did raise a good question.

Where were you going?

After a while you ended up in the forest, and you came out to a clearing. A clearing that looked out over a cliff towards the Boiling Sea. You heard footsteps behind you and turned around.

It was Akira. "What are you doing all the way out here so late? You could get hurt."

"Oh- Akira. I just... couldn't sleep."

"And why is that?" she asked, walking over and sitting next to you.

"I don't know..." You looked out over the cliff.

"Yes you do," Akira said. "You miss him."

You looked down. As much as you didn't want to admit it, you knew she was right. You did miss him. You missed having Hunter beside you every night when you slept. You wanted to be with him right now. There was something about him that... made you forget about your anxieties.

Akira sighed.

"You will see him again. I promise you that. You just have to wait-"

"I'm sick of waiting, Akira," you spoke lowly but bitterly.

Akira sighed. "I know, y/n. But I swear to you. You will see him again."

"I hope it's soon.."

After a little while longer you decided to head back to the owl house. You went up to your room and laid down. As you closed your eyes you imagined holding Hunter close...

Who would've ever thought you'd grow so fond of him you couldn't even sleep without him?

...

...

...

The next few weeks passed quicker than expected.

King dragged you, Luz, Lilith and Hooty along on an adventure to show you his past, finding that it was instead his dad's. Now he had the rest of his broken horn now stuck with super glue.

Eda's mother paid a visit, announcing she had a cure for her curse. Despite Eda stating that she didn't really want a cure, Gwen and Luz still tried, while you, Lilith, and King were inside the house, eating Night Market ice cream while complaining about shitty parent stuff. Of course, this all got complicated when Lilith's curse acted up and not an elixir could be found, but in the end the three Clawthornes made amends, and Lilith moved in with their mother, after Gwen revealed info about another human who lived on the Boiling Isles a long time ago.

Gus went on an adventure with some Glandus students in search of some Galdorstones, while Luz went to the library to see Amity. Because of course she did. You may not have been super close with them, but you were a full Lumity shipper. You spent the day with Amity's siblings, and maybe even made friends with them? When you saw Amity kiss Luz on the cheek... you were absolutely fangirling inside.