Let's Get Down to Business Part 1

Start from the beginning

Once the two return to the classroom, Remedial Goodness goes by pretty quickly and soon Jay and Georgie are off to their second class of the day which is business. "So I was thinking, how are we going to get someone to do the technological part of the project?"

"Maybe we can find someone in computer science class to do it for us?" supplies Georgie. The two arrive at business class at the same time as Chad and another boy on the tourney team.

Surprisingly, Chad and the other boy don't make their way to the back of the classroom where their seats are and instead stop at the front by Georgie and Jay's seats. "Hey, Georgie, Jay. How's your project going?"

Jay's eyebrows furrow. "Good?"

Chad turns on his smile and natural charisma. "Have you decided on an idea?"

"Yea, actually we—"

Georgie puts a hand in front of Jay to get him to stop talking. "Nice try Chad, you're not stealing our idea."

Chad slumps and rolls his eyes. "Alright, you got me. You know how much I like your ideas." His last words feel sincere to Georgie, he's always commented on how he liked her school projects.

Georgie gives a sad smile. "Thanks, Chad." The two of them had been close once upon a time and now it seems like they're being pulled to two sides; Chad with Audrey and Georgie with Ben. While being in high school has really been the thing to drift them apart, the spat between their two friends seems like the final thread being cut.

Chad smiles and taps Georgie's desk as he walks to the back of the classroom to take their seats.

Jay taps her on the arm to get her attention. "You're just going to let him get away with that?" Georgie shrugs.

Before the two can bicker about whether or not to get revenge on Chad, Tiana walks into the room and announces that the students will have a free period to work on their projects and decide what they're doing. Georgie and Jay go up to Tiana after the announcement and tell her about their plan and that they need someone to help them with the technology side.

Typing into her computer for the class distributions, Tiana finds that there's a computer science class that's a mix of Juniors and Seniors the very same period. "I'm going to give you both a shared hall pass to go to that classroom, but I want you both back ten minutes before the period is over. Got it?"

They nod and Georgie graciously accepts the pass. The other classroom is on the other side of the campus so it takes them a few minutes to walk over. Once they reach it, Georgie gives a few short knocks on the door. Dr. Thomas opens the door and welcomes them into the class, it has several state-of-the-art computers as well as two 3D printers. Georgie can't help but notice that the classroom is mostly male and the way a few of the students are staring at her makes her... uncomfortable. "Is this a student council announcement Ms. Philip?"

"Oh, no it's actually for another class. Jay and I need help with making something to attach to your keys and then an app that will connect to it and track the location." Dr. Thomas nods. And—"

Georgie is interrupted by the sound of a door opening behind her. "Sorry I'm late Dr. Thomas," apologises Aziz who has just entered the room. "Excuse me, Georgie," he says politely as he squeezes past her, putting his hand on her shoulders as he walks by. Wait, Aziz knows her name?

She can feel the heat rise to her cheeks, never has she been more embarrassed. Hopefully the class hasn't noticed—no, hopefully Dr. Thomas hasn't noticed, that would be truly mortifying. Jay however, has noticed and Georgie knows this because he's giving her a wicked grin. She really doesn't want him to say anything.