Chapter 1: Beyond the Known Universe

Start from the beginning

"Dude, I wish I was a robot with a human brain!" Casey exclaimed.

"Ooh, what if we had robot brains? Bitty-bitty-bitty-bitty bop." Mikey and Casey then began to act like robots.

"I just wish you guys had normal brains." Raph rolled his eyes at them, causing me to slightly laugh.

I can't believe that things were already starting to look up for us.

He turned and gave me a small smile, reaching out to grab hold of my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Everyone hold on to something." Fugitoid warned us before getting into place. The ship then takes off, light years away and entered the galaxy.

We all marveled at the many stars and beautiful planets that we could see once the ship came to a stop, just steadily cruising through space.

My eyes widen in awe, approaching the massive window as I stared out into the vast open sea of space itself. Mom told me many stories about space and how beautiful it was. She's never been, of course, but she showed me pictures. And she always said that those we love watch down on us from the stars. And I believe that right now my many ancestors from my past were watching me now. So I knew I had to remain strong for them.

"Wondrous, is it not? Titanic gas giants, neutron stars on the verge of collapse, swirling cloud nebulas where baby stars are being born." Fugitoid told us, but I wasn't paying much attention.

Raph stood beside me, not noticing he was looking right at me instead of looking out at the many stars and small planets until I noticed his reflection in the window, seeing his green eyes staring into my blue eyes that reflected the many stars and swirling gases in my eyes.

He lifted his free hand up, gently cupping my face and leaning his head against mine, placing a small kiss on my temple. "The stars really make your eyes glow."

I lightly blushed as my hair fell in front of my face but he brushed my hair back behind my ear. I lightly smiled up at him, feeling my heart pounding against my chest. We've never been this close together before. And he was being more sweet and genuine opposed to the other times where he was flirty and teasing. But I didn't mind it.

He was about to lean in and place a kiss on my lips when the ship suddenly jerked hard, causing me to fall and topple against him as the alarms started blaring and the ship was pulled to an immediate stop.

"What was that?! Professor?!" Donnie called out.

"Wonderful. Could you assist me on damage assessment, my friends? I've plenty of space suits to wear." He offered us.

"Space suits?!" Mikey gasped excitedly.

We were led to a different room that was filled with space gear and weapons. We all started to freak out at the sight of it all.

"Dudes, I think we just hit a level nine Booyakasha!"

"No way!" I laughed when Raph and the others immediately started to browse over everything that Fugitoid had.

"Astro-Suits equipped with oxygen convertors, gravity boosters, and even alien language translators." Fugitoid listed as everyone suited up in their space gear.

April and I gave each other a small look, high fiving before we went off to find our own gear. When we were finally dressed, we came out and strutted out in our gear.

April was dressed in a bright yellow jumpsuit with a laser gun attached to her thigh. She posed with the gun being held in her hand as both Casey and Donnie fawned over her.

"Looking good, Red."

"Ok, you guys are creeping me out. Myra, come out."

"I'm ready!" I walked out wearing an all black jumpsuit with white accents and a belt to hold my newly technological invented laser gun, kinda like April's with my tessens tucked away in my belt. I even just finished tying my hair up in a bun so my helmet could fit on properly.