"As smart as you seem to be," I said, finishing up my own notecards, "you don't seem to be keen on studying."

He sighed, and I realized I hit a sensitive spot. "Sorry," I said wincing. "That was rude."

"But you're right," he responded. "I have a tendency to procrastinate all my work. It doesn't bode well for group projects," he motioned to the others, "but I can usually pull my work together quickly. I can study last minute for tests, as long as I pay attention in class, and I pass all of them."

"Impressive," I said, nodding my head. "I wish I could do that."

"It's a rare talent," he sighed narcissistically, flexing his arm. "Not all possess it."

✦✧✦✧ 

Callum and I spent almost the whole day together. We grabbed everyone's lunch, bonding over our trauma. He talked about his Chinese parents and how overbearing they were and how they forced him into who he is now. I told him a little about my own family, but I was still not comfortable enough to share the entire story.

After dinner time and past the sun setting, Lacey started freaking out about our project.

"We're missing paint," she said, anxious. "We need to paint him."

"Paint? That's not-" I began.

"No!" Lacey shouted at me. Then she sat down and put her head in her hands. "I'm sorry. I just really want to paint the robot."

"Callum, do you and Emilia want to go grab some paint at the craft store nearby? Since you two have gone everywhere together today," Aurora said, her tone joking while she patted Lacey's back to calm her down.

Callum, however, was typing away on his computer. "Sorry, I'm finishing up the slideshow and making some quick edits." He glanced at August. "Could you go with her?"

August, who hadn't looked at me all day, only grunted and made his way to the hotel door. I mouthed a sarcastic "thanks" to Callum, who just chuckled.

The elevator ride down was quiet. He refused to speak to me, or even acknowledge my presence. Once we made it to the lobby, he began walking quickly out the door, as if to leave me behind.

It was pouring outside, and in my haste to rush after August, I had forgotten to get my umbrella. I ran after him as he crossed the street to the bus stop, attempting to block the rain with my coat.

"Slow down," I huffed at him, but my voice was lost in the downpour, and he continued with his long strides.

Once we got under the shelter of the bus stop, I shook out my jacket and wrung out my hair, all while glaring at August. "What was that for? Why are you running from me?"

He didn't say anything, his jaw ticking. Before I could prod at him further, the bus pulled to the stop, its front beams nearly blinding me.

The door opened and I boarded first when August didn't move. I paid the driver and then heard him stomping behind me, muttering an apology to the passengers he passed. He took a seat next to me and the bus took off.

I glanced over at him, his wet hair framing his face and falling over his forehead. He kept his eyes in front of him, as if his one goal was to avoid my gaze.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked. "Why are you acting like this?"

He didn't respond, only shut his eyes tight as if he could block me out.

"Fine," I grunted, crossing my arms over my chest and deciding to look out the window instead.

Two stops later, we got off and headed into the craft store to get the missing paints we needed for the robot. Once he stepped out of the bus, Augustus didn't even run. He just continued his long, obnoxious strides that left me jogging after him until we reached the store.