"Rumi, for the third time, you don't need me to check your calculus, it's fine—" Akemi looked up, and then looked up more to meet the eyes of her bed-headed project partner, the person she actually needed to talk to after the night she had had. "Kuroo. What do you need?"

He dropped a packet of paper on the table in front of her. It was one of the reports for their science project, completely written, edited, and finished.

She raised an eyebrow, flipping through it. "This is due next week. You didn't have to finish it until next Monday." She glanced up at him incredulously. "You did it early?"

"You say that as if it's that much of a surprise," he joked.

"It is," Akemi deadpanned, still flipping through the assignment in shock, staring at the pages filled with his cramped, barely legible handwriting.

"You wound me, Kishimara, truly," Kuroo said, before he sighed and took a deep breath. He planted both hands on the table like he was steeling himself for disappointment, before fixing Akemi with a serious look. "Become the Nekoma manager. Please."

Akemi picked up the packet he had dropped on her desk and gestured to it. "Is– is this a bribe?"

Kuroo just nodded, not taking his eyes off of her. "I will do all of my work for the project ahead of time if you agree to be the manager. I'll get on top of everything, and we can get it done efficiently so you're not stressed out about it." He cleared his throat, eyes widening in panic over how that might sound. "I mean, I wouldn't stress you out with the project even if you said no– I would never do that on purpose–"

"You're using our project as a bribe?" Akemi couldn't help the smile that was curling amusedly in the corners of her mouth, as the boy started to fumble with his words.

Kuroo's mouth snapped shut, his cheeks dusted slightly pink. "Is it working?"

"Well, I was already planning on becoming the manager, but this offer is definitely a little hard to resist–"

Kuroo blanched. "Wait–"

Akemi grinned and shook her head. "No take-backs," she tutted before shaking the hand that her partner still held outstretched towards her. "I accept your deal, Kuroo-kun."

Kuroo chuckled lightly, shaking his head in bewilderment. "I guess I can't really complain, huh? Since I got what I wanted in the first place?"

"Nope." Akemi pulled his completed assignment towards her, sliding it underneath her Japanese Lit assignment. "What's the schedule then? Where do I need to be and when?"

"Well, we have practice in the mornings and afternoons for the next few weeks. And then next month..." Kuroo trailed off, tilting his head in consideration before grinning. "What are your feelings on training camps?"

— — —

message exchange with: mori alums 💪
( roomy, rooka, <3, and cats sue )

keiji, prepared to be crushed
during your next match against
the boys.
they've got back-up this time.

<3
Have they perhaps
acquired a new manager?

possibly.
maybe.
yes.

rooka
holy shit
HOLY SHIT
ITS HAPPENING OMG

roomy
AKEMIIII
i'm so proud of you <3