Beck's Jail Visit

The last few weeks had not been easy for Quentin Beck. After it was revealed that Mysterio was a sham and he had gotten his ass handed to him by a teenager who was 2 inches shorter than him, Quentin was the laughingstock of the jail. Practically a joke unlike Wilson Fisk. And a lot of his accomplices and conspirators like William Ginter Riva were also being arrested for contributing to many of Beck's heinous crimes. But Beck was aware of his many followers online, the ones who still stood by him and believed all of this was fake news and that he really was a hero who almost got killed by Spider-Man, they were outraged by the idea of Peter Parker being acquitted. He was quite flattered with the online hashtag "#MysterioForever." He hoped his followers were making Peter's life a living hell. While Beck was wandering around the jail courtyard outside, one of the guards said, "hey Beck, ya got a visitor. Get your ass to the visiting room." Quentin scowled at the guard, but he complied with the guard, following him to the visitor's booth.

Quentin was surprised that someone would want to visit him. He doubted it was any family members, and he also doubted that it was one of his many conspirators who hadn't been arrested, and the idea of any followers? It seemed unlikely. At the visitor's phone booth was a woman with long blonde hair, hazel eyes, around 5'6. This woman reminded Quentin of actress and model Bijou Phillips. Beck sat down on the chair and used the phone to talk to this mystery woman. The woman smiled at him and said, "hello Quentin. My name's Betsy Schneider, I'm a really big fan of Mysterio." Quentin smirked and said, "I'm flattered to hear that. Nice to meet you, Betsy. So you're one of many people online who's been defending me?" Betsy nodded and said, "oh yes I am. In fact, I'm the main administrator of a website devoted entirely to you."

"A Mysterio website, eh? How intriguing," said Quentin, "how long has this site been online?" Betsy twiddled some of her hair and said, "ever since you exposed Spider-Man's secret identity. My site invites a lot of conspiracy theorists who believe you're a true hero. I heard about your witnesses." Quentin frowned and said, "One of them got away from my drones. Seems he hired a bodyguard. A former Black Widow... I could have gotten away with killing that meddling Phillips sucker if it weren't for her... Now whoever controlled the drone is gonna get in trouble." Betsy gave an evil smile and said, "oh don't you worry about Jake Phillips Jr. A lot of my friends and I who support you have scammed a couple of suckers online and took all their money. We're going to use all that stolen money to hire a killer from the dark web."

"What kind of killer?" Quentin asked. "Sergei Kravinoff, otherwise known as Kraven the Hunter," replied Betsy, "ever since you exposed Spider-Man's identity, Kraven has been quite interested in hunting him down." Kraven's reputation was well known in the criminal underworld. If you were a criminal and you wanted a rival killed, Kraven was the man to get. He was like a boogeyman for the Russian underworld. Criminals from around the world would tell stories about Kraven to scare each other. "A guy like Kraven isn't cheap to hire. Is that why you scammed all those suckers?" Quentin asked, his smile like The Grinch. "That's right," said Betsy, "I can get Kraven to kill Jake Phillips Jr."

"What's the catch?" Quentin asked. "No catch," said Betsy, "I promised him that when he kills Jake, he can kill Spider-Man. He told me that he'll kill Spidey without charge." Quentin placed his fingers on his chin in a pondering manner and said, "wow, that guy must really be interested in killing Spider-Man. Guess he sees that guy as the perfect sport." Betsy nodded and said, "oh yes, he's obsessed with him. But Kraven's willing to kill all the witnesses. First he'll start with Phillips, then Peter's friends and family, and then Spider-Man for last. And with all the witnesses gone, who'll be able to convict you with a lack of witnesses?" Beck chuckled evilly, "I like the way you think, Betsy. I wish I'd met you before I became Mysterio. I would've asked you out in a heartbeat." Becky gave a smug smile and said, "maybe when you get off, we can go out on a date together." It was quite clear Betsy Schneider was infatuated with Quentin. And she would do just about ANYTHING for him. Even if it meant taking innocent lives.