Chapter 9

Yuri's eyes suddenly opened as she shivered. Her heart was racing for some reason. She moved her hands trying to feel Y/N.

"Y-Y/N?" she sat up and looked around.

The boy was nowhere to be seen. She grabbed the katana and slowly moved the window's covering. The outside was dark and it was still raining. In fact, it only seemed that the weather had gotten worse over the course of the night.

"Y/N... this is not funny. Wh-where are you?!" she was on the edge already.

"He's not here. That's for sure..." a low and raspy voice came out of nowhere.

"W-who are you?"

"I'm you," lightning suddenly struck and a shadowy figure with wooden horns projected over the window.

Yuri screamed and clutched her eyes tightly. When she opened them up again, she was laying over Y/N's chest.

"I-It was only a dream..." she moved closer to the window and looked outside, "it's still really dark and stormy..."

Y/N slept tensely, little muscle spasms popping up randomly.

"Coerr me mafackrs..." he mumbled, "can't do aething righ."

Yuri felt about waking him up. She was scared and in urgent need of comfort.

"Y/N!" she whispered, "Y/N!!"

"COVER ME!" he yelled while sitting up instantly.

"AHHHHH!!" the girl screamed, "I'M SORRY!"

"Oh Yuri! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" he pointed out worried, "what happened? Why are you awake?"

"I-I had a... nightmare," she looked away embarrassed, " I know it sounds childish..."

"Shhhh," he shushed her, placing a finger over her lips, "It's not childish. Nightmares can make your life a living hell if you don't manage them properly. I suffer from night terrors fairly often, so I'm no one to judge you. Would you like to tell me about that dream?"

"O-okay..." he hugged her, resting his chin over her beautiful purple hair, "So... I woke up right here, very agitated. I tried looking for you, but you were nowhere to be found. Henceforth, I grabbed my katana and waited for the worst scenario that could have happened. While I called out for your name, a voice answered..." she shivered, "it was deep and raspy. It told me that you were here no more and... that it was... me..."

"Mhmm?" he hummed while thinking to himself.

"I'm scared, love. I don't know what to make out of this dream."

"I'd say that what you dreamed about is the manifestation of some of your fears."

She nodded slowly, agreeing with him.

"But you won't lose me," he kissed her on the head, "if you're ever feeling lonely or down... just repeat to yourself that I'll be there waiting for you."

"You're the definition of perfection, Y/N!" Yuri cuddled against his chest, loudly sniffing his cologne.

"Do you know what I like to do before falling asleep?"

"Do tell."

"Listen to some music," he said while turning on the speakers and the car's screen, "come here honey," Y/N said while ducking under the covers.

She complied and covered up, cuddling Y/N.