Prologue

Dear Zhiah or whoever may find this letter,

Hello, my name is Zeph. I'm a former worker at the perimeter, the reason why I say former is because I became a patient. You way be wondering, what is the perimeter? Or, what do you mean by patient? You'll figure that out soon enough.

I always thought I was just a human until I felt it. The pain of blood covered wings sprouting from my back and head. It's not something particularly fun. I sat in pain on the floor up until my co-worker came looking for me. He found me on the floor in a pool of blood on the bathroom floor. I turned my head to look at him. All he could do was scream. He was terrified, terrified of me. I didn't know what to do, then I woke up.
Chained up, hanging from the ceiling.

Just like everyone else.

I looked up and saw i was locked inside a cell. A cell where most mutants are kept. There was  dried blood all over the floor, and on me. Someone walked into my cell. It was someone I didn't know. He had the normal lab coat that every perimeter worker has on but his was different. It wasn't covered in blood. He looked up at me and smiled.

Someone screamed.

I could hear their cries. I wish I could have helped them. The man in my cell just kept looking at me and smiling, I couldn't do anything to make him leave. I can't even talk with this metal thing making me not able to open my mouth. Eventually the man left. I looked across the hall to see a avian that didn't look normal. He had wings that were a golden color, from my many years of working here I've only seen avians with wings that were blue, red, green, etc.

Now I remember.

Someone told me back when I was working here that they were getting a new one. They said he was called Zhiah.

You're probably wondering how I'm even writing this letter, and to that I say, I don't even know.

I can't remember. I just remember being there and then here, this place, it's safe I think. Anyway if you ever see this message I want you to know that you can find me where the trees get too thick to breathe.

- Zeph

P.S: W_̵̡̡̛̺̠̲͖̮̼̠̣͚̳ͬ̾̍̑ͣͧ̏ͧͫͤ̐͛̇̀̉̚͘͟h̲̮͔̄̑̾yͩ̇ a̶̵̸̦͔̮͕̠̠̗̝̎̏ͣ̀̍͗̍ͫͣ̇ͮͥ̌͢r̗̠ͫ̓ͥͨ́͒͆͡͞ͅe̦̠͎̥̔̽ͩ͞ y̟̦̦̩̦͉̯͔̣͓̮ͧ̓ͤͥ͂̍̓̉̒̚͞o̵̢̤͚͚̖̽̊́̀͒̃̄ͭ̒ͤ͛ͭ͝u_̣͎̘͙͗ͭ͐ s̵̴̛̛̼̲̱͇͓͚͎͖̺̦̞̬̩̟͗͛͊ͪ̀͗̾̓ͯ̎̆͘͝ͅt̴̴̨̛̖̼̬̯̣͔̭͚̖̱̪̳ͤ̊́ͥ̂́̋͐ͤ̌͆̿ͦ̿͒̿ͪ̚̕͢͢͡i̸̡̛̤̳̪͍̿̉ͫ̏ͩ̀̄͞l̉̕ḻ̴̵̘̙͉̫̬̒ͪͤ͐̅̍̈́̂ͪ̍̀ͭ̕̕͢͠_̶͍͔̝̄͠ hė̸̷̡̨̬͙͖̭̞̩̖̜͔̬̪̤́̅̑͆̇͑̓̄̇͐̒̚̕͟͜rḛ̡̨̱̠̘͈̝͓̍ͫ̽̄͂̃̂̂ͭ̌̋̋̚̕?̨̨͈̜̤͇͚̫͍̀͋̓́͛̏͆ͮ̐͒͡͝