Life Changing Decisions

Maria was used to the mixed smell of breakfast, coffee, and cigarettes in the morning that overpowers the scent of last night's sex. Opening her eyes, was greeted by the sight of Mitras City from the large apartment window. Normally she liked the aroma of Levi's cooking but this time it did not feel well to her, it made her stomach queasy, but the sight of the sun yet to come distracted her from the bile that was threatening to rise. The horizon sky was slowly turning purple with streaks of orange. She loved that view, it was why she hogged that side of the bed, and it took a lot of discussions with Levi for her to have it.

The dipping of the bed behind her did not have her turn to her companion, and it was only when she felt his lips on the base of her neck did she finally acknowledged him with a good morning; and when his arms wrapped around her nude body did she turned to face him and capture his lips for a kiss. Despite their morning breath that made the kiss a bit foul.

"Morning, smart-ass," Levi whispered to her ear.

"Morning, short-shit," Maria snickered.

"Get up, breakfast is ready. And you still got class."

Maria sighed, she wasn't in the mood to eat breakfast but didn't know how to tell him after he woke up early just to prepare her a meal before she heads to her internship. To her disappointment he retreated from their embrace to pull her up. While she found his gesture funny most days, she did not feel like getting up from bed at all. She was tired from her internship, though she was taking it in her family's law firm, her father was showing no mercy when it came to her. Unlike other students who work in their family businesses getting the special treatment, because she was Randal Reed's daughter, he was putting more expectations on her.

Seeing her sluggish movements, Levi lets go of her hand and lets Maria stay there for a while, cradling her head as she breathes deeply. Something was wrong.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just tired from last week, Randal Reed isn't the most considerate asshole there is." Maria picked up her shirt from the ground. "My body feels like it just wants to sink into your mattress."

"You can if you want." Levi knelt before her, placing himself between her knees and took her hand to kiss her palm. "You can just stay here with me in this bed. Clothes are an option but nude is mostly preferred."

Maria hummed in amusement. It's been two months since their meeting that night at the bar and ever since their next encounter at the VIP section, Maria and Levi have been seeing each other frequently. She would come to the bar where he worked every Friday to see him then stay at his apartment until Monday morning, but there were times when he would purposely pick her up from campus or the law firm she was interning at just so they could get away from their daily lives. It wasn't always sex that they do in his apartment, there were nights when they simply watched movies, talked while having a drink, or Levi simply watched Maria as she did work for her classes and her internship. He Though it would be in silence and her attention wasn't on him, Levi enjoyed those nights too. He liked watching her work and he would be there to help her with bringing coffee, snacks, or simply be there at her side.

Two months yet it felt like they've known each other for so long, and if it weren't for Maria still living in her dorm, she would practically be living with him now with the clothes she's been leaving there and the extra school uniform in the closet for emergencies. He knew about her family and how her father had abused her – he saw the scar on her cheek and a few on her hands a while back – and placed so much pressure on her to be the Reed family's standard of perfection. And in return he told her about his mother, the only woman he ever cared and loved, and how she worked so hard that it brought her to her grave. Then there was Kenny the Ripper who, not surprisingly, Maria knew due to her father's dealings with the man.