Chapter 6 - Shock Horror

Start from the beginning

“Sounds cool, man. I’ll see you tomorrow, Denbro!” As Hiroshi started to walk away towards the class to pick up his things.

Denbro?”

_______________________________

At the end of the school day, Hiroshi collected his things from the classroom and his locker. With books tucked into his backpack and coil arm gauntlets slipped on and tightened, ready for anything. He then travelled over to the main entrance - where thankfully everyone else had been congregated out previously. “Thank Odin’s oversight, I saw everyone go this way earlier. This would have been a nightmare if I hadn’t.”

The arch into UA close in sight, the pathway to freedom and a homework-filled night, Hiroshi continued to stroll towards the exit.

Unfortunately for him, Bakugo was waiting around the main entrance courtyard, with no one seemingly in sight to realise what was about to happen.

Why is he still here? School day finished at least 30 minutes ago. Weird.” Hiroshi thought to himself. “I don't know his home situation, so there's no point in wondering about it.

He treaded towards Bakugo, knowing that he tried to attack Midoriya in the apprehension test. Bakugo was a powder keg to Hiroshi’s knowledge. One wrong step and he could be his next target, so he walked in stride with confidence and ambition to attempt to make it off the school premises.

“Hey Furball! You and I have a score to settle. Don’t think your Coil Launch was worth more than every score. I got higher than you in that test!” Bakugo shouted at him.

“And how would I settle the score then, Powder Keg?”

“Powder Keg? POWDER KEG!? How dare you?” Flustered, red, and volatile, Bakugou lit up a mini firecracker with just his hands.

“Felt like a valid response. You insulted me, so I felt valid in pushing that button. Apologies if it felt personal. I just don’t have time for bullies.” It was inevitable Bakugo was going to blow a fuse, so Hiroshi felt it reasonable to get it over and done with.

Bakugo jumped towards Hiroshi, his right fist cocked back in anticipation to land a blow. “Then I’ll kill you!” As he punched at him with all his might.

Hiroshi dodged the attack to the right as he increased the muscle density in his legs until lion paws ripped out of his shoes. “I will by no means be your punching bag, Keg.” As he threw a jab of his own out at Bakugo.

Bakugo naturally dodged with his insane reflexes as he continued to try and land attacks against Hiroshi. Quite a few hit, but our thundercat wasn’t out of the fight just yet. As he leapt backward, his back now faced the exit.

Bakugo had clearly picked up on what he was doing as he burst forth with his explosions, now aggravated beyond belief. “Fight me, coward!”

Yet at the same time, Hiroshi had realised his mistake upon instigating a fight with him. Nitroglycerin. Volatile when placed under heat or shock. His lightning would be his only means to end the fight unless he could knock Bakugo out with a solid punch. However, he didn’t want to be kicked out of school on the first day. Nor did he want to think about the consequences his lightning would create.

However, Hiroshi’s fear was to be their downfall if he wasn’t careful, as despite his gauntlets, electricity sparked from his legs instead. It was inevitable indeed. “No! Not again!” As he continued to dodge, Bakugo leapt closer and closer, inch by inch.

“GET AWAY FROM ME!!!” He roared with all his power. Intimidation was never something he wanted in his playbook, but it was handy. Honourable? Who knows, but at least it would have garnered some attention from a teacher, he hoped.