Chapter 5: Palmed Coil Launch

Class 1A were put to the test through, you guessed it, more tests in the forms of practical applications of their abilities and limitations.

50-Metre Dash:

Hiroshi put the pedal to the metal as he transformed his legs and arms into lion-like limbs, and then bounded down the lane on all fours with a whopping time of 4.53 seconds.

Apparently Hengaku had lagged behind with 6.03 seconds for time.

"With stilts with that kind of reach, surely he would have had a faster time!" Hiroshi thought to himself, confused by his classmate's performance.

Grip Strength:

Hiroshi held a dynamometer hand grip in his left hand. His fingers denser and beefier, since Hiroshi had transformed them partially into lion "paws". After a loud crack was heard from Hiroshi's direction, he had the machine hidden behind his back, and then casually but subtly shuffled over to Aizawa.

"Mr. Aizawa, I don't want to startle the other students, but you might want to get this one replaced." Hiroshi whispered rashly as he quickly handed over the broken machine. "I didn't really wanna use it, but I know that I tested it on a stronger machine at home and I could get approximately 434.4 kilograms of force on the reading."

(For point of reference, I know that Shoji gets about 540kg with the machine while not breaking it, however I feel it necessary to defend that Hiroshi's quirk is dependant on the strength from increased density in a localised area versus general increased strength. Also because clearly he is a complete mess with devices on his own. Just for later reference if need be. Those lion fingers of his are not helping that at all. :))

Hiroshi quickly stood side by side with Mr. Aizawa for convenience so the rest of the class wouldn't be suspicious. Except for everyone with Quirks that had a honed sense of hearing.

Which included Jiro and Shoji.

Not that Hiroshi could tell what they thought about that since he didn't notice their expressions of muted shock (haha).

"I'll have to let the Principal know we'll have a shortage of dynamometers until that's resolved. As far as your test results, I'll take that home experimentation seriously until I see evidence of otherwise. Now get on with the next test. I'll watch the rest."

"Fair enough, Mr. Aizawa." As Hiroshi jogged off to the next location on the training field for the next test.

Standing Long Jump:

"If I use my lightning, I'm going to have to be careful about how I use it. Thankfully, the sandbox seems like it could be filled with iron particles, which could conduct my powers conveniently without spreading across or underneath the area surrounding it." Hiroshi thought to himself, as he steadied himself at the start of the sandbox.

"Maybe if I..." as Hiroshi shuffled his feet across the ground he stood on, on the spot, to test its grip.

"Hey Mr. Aizawa, mind if I shuffle a bit before I start? I have a move for this sort of thing that needs a bit of juice, and I'd rather not use my arms. Is that okay?"

"Do whatever as long as it counts as a form of a standing long jump. Use your quirk however you like to complete the task."

Most of the students look confused. A few students even question it. "How does shuffling help him do a standing long jump?"

Hiroshi increased his shuffling speed gradually, until lightning sparked from underneath his feet. "Perfect. Just a little more..."

Then he transformed his legs into lion's legs which increased his muscle density. "Static Soar!" As Hiroshi bent his legs after enough lightning sparked between himself and the ground, he launched across the sandbox, then landed a few metres after the sandbox on all four of his lion-like limbs.