・.・✫Nineteen

୨⎯ Chapter 19⎯୧
"Saruman"

୨⎯ Chapter 19⎯୧"Saruman"

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

AS WE MADE our way through the dense forest, a shroud of unease settled over me, nestled behind Legolas on his steed. The looming trees cast sinister shadows that dance and twist, their eerie shapes heightening the sense of foreboding that grips us.

Beside me, Aine clung tightly to Khellan, her grip betraying her own unease as she scanned the darkened surroundings. "These woods send shivers down my spine," I murmured to Legolas, my words barely audible amidst the rustling leaves and murmurs of the forest.

Legolas nodded in solemn agreement, his keen eyes scanned the tangled undergrowth. "They harbor ancient magic, both enchanting and unsettling," he replied, his voice tinged with caution.

Suddenly, Aine tensed, a startled gasp escaping her lips as she detects a faint noise behind us.

Ahead, our companions chuckled at Aine's reaction, finding amusement in her momentary fright. But their laughter is swiftly silenced by my icy glare, a silent reproach for their lack of empathy. Aine and Khellan exchanged a grateful glance, acknowledging my defense.

As we pressed onward, the forest seemed to awaken, its murmurs growing into an ominous rumble. Éomer, Théoden, Gandalf, Aragorn, and Gimli rode ahead, their determined expressions a stark contrast to the looming shadows that enveloped us.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

As we drew near the crumbled gates encircling Isengard, a surge of excitement pulses through me at the sight of our companions perched atop the ruins. The Hobbits, with their unmistakable figures, spot our approaching group and erupt in jubilant calls.

"Welcome, my Lords... to Isengard!" Merry's voice carries on the wind, brimming with pride and elation.

A grin spreads across my face as I recognised the familiar voices of our friends. "It's them!" I exclaimed, unable to contain my excitement, my voice ringing out across the field.

In response, the Hobbits cheered back my name, their enthusiastic shouts reverberating through the air.

Aine, seated behind Khellan, observed the scene with a furrowed brow, her expression tinged with confusion. As the Hobbits come into view, she notices their peculiarly hairy feet and tilted her head in puzzlement.

"I forgot what their feet looked liked," Aine murmurs to Khellan, her voice laced with bewilderment. However, her words carry further than intended, reaching both Legolas and me with our heightened senses.

Suppressing a chuckle, I turned to Aine, unable to resist teasing her. "Maybe you should take some tips from them, I'm sure they'd be happy to share," I jested, a playful glint in my eye.