Chapter one

RPOV
(By the way, Rose is a baby. this is a dream. )
I am in a crib. Tears streamed down my face. A man woke up from the bed beside me. Walked over to me and picked me up. He held me close, and I could feel myself calming down.
"It's going to be okay, my Roza," He said in a deep Russian accent. He carried me to his bed. And he wrapped his hands around me.

( Most of this is pretty normal for the book until Dimitri and Rose Meet )
I felt her fear before I heard screams. I smelled fire blood and smoke. And a picture of a twisted metal car I was able to win out of that dream. This was Lissa. In the back of my mind, I can hear the man in my dream telling me that it's gonna be okay and that this is not my dream. I woke up and went to Lissa. She laid on the bed, trashing and screaming. "Lissa awake up. You're not there anymore." After a little bit. She stopped screaming, "Andre , mom , dad. Oh God,"

"Liss, wake up." She opened her eyes. "Breathing heavily. It's okay, everything's okay." I sat down next to her. And rub her back lightly. " I had that dream."
"Yes, I know."
"Sorry," She whispered after a while. I turned on the light. You know, homemate cat Oscar leaped up to the still open window.

"Hey Lisa, when did we do the last feeding?................ 3 days ago, I think. Why didn't you say anything?"
" We were busy for school, so I didn't want to disturb you."
"Screw that." She looked a little unsure. "Come on," I positioned, so it would be easier for her to sync her fangs into my neck. The feeling was awesome, but it was over in only a couple of seconds.
"You okay?"
"Yeah....... just............Blood loss"

"OK, I'll get you some food. It should help. You lay down, get some sleep."

Liss said I turned my head, and Oscar was looking at the window. Whatever Oscar was standing at, he didn't like them or It. I stumbled, putting my hand on the wall so I didn't fall. I saw shadows in the normal stuff. And then I look to the trees and bushes. And saw a man watching me. I would have normally jerked back in surprise. But from what I was able to see from him. He looked vaguely familiar. Yeah, he definitely saw what Liss and I had just done. I knew he wasn't a Strigoi he is a Dhampir. A guardian to be more specific. An adrenaline pumping through me. I got on my pants, jacket and shoes. And I grabbed liss some things. I've got both of our bags and stumbled to the kitchen.
"Rose, you shouldn't be up." I dismissed her. "Guardians," She automatically understood.
"I'll get the keys." Liss, walk over to Jeremy and use compulsion. I looked in the fridge to get a snack for the road. I was still a little delirious from the vampire bite. His car was 4 blocks away from here. So we need to get going now. Once Lissa got the keys. We needed to go. I passed Lisa her bag, and we ran out of the door. She was faster than me. I was hanging on to She set through the bond. What if they catch us? " I won't let that happen." She has so much faith in me. I hope I deserve that. We are 1 block away. The dark figured that looked so. Familiar stepped in front of us. Guardians surrounded us. I pressed Lisa against the wall.

"Don't touch her." The man that looked familiar. Raise his hands like he was trying to catch 2 wild animals. " I'm not gonna to hurt you." That accent. It was the one in my dream. I stayed in my spot, protecting her. He poaches us slowly. He looks into my eyes. I looked at him carefully, analyzing every little piece. He looks so familiar. Like I should know him, but I don't. Someone who looks very similar to him as the person in my dream.

But younger "Roze " And then it clicked for him. He switched from his guardian mask, normal human mask had a smile, and he ran up to me and hugged me. I just stand there frozen. And then I smelt something familiar. I smiled and hugged him back. " Comrade," I found him again. 16 years later.

Lissa:
What are you doing? How do you know each other?

Dimitri:
Roze what happened. You were here one night, and then you disappeared. We all miss you so much.

Rose:
I.............I don't know. I barely just started to get my memories back. "

Dimitri:
Oh my Roze It's OK.

"Do we have to go to the Academy. We have a feeling it's dangerous."
" I have to. It's my job." I pulled myself off of him. "St Vladimir's is not safe."
"What do you mean? How is it not safe?"
When I spoke my next words, I barely recognized my voice it was so cold
"Not everything to be feared, roams outside of St.Vladimir's."  He looks so serious. He thought about it before saying OK. All of a sudden, I felt nauseous. I phantically looked around. And there was a Strigoi approaching. I look to the alley. And there is a group of 7 Strigoi "Give me a Silver Stake."
"What?"
"I know you have 2 from the very 2nd day. You learned how to use a silver stake. You hold 2 on you at all times. "
"Ok,"

He passed it to me. I went into the alleyway and took the darkness from Lissa. And there was 7 Strigoi. I jumped into action and killed 5 of them before anyone noticed. Once I killed my 6, I looked up, and all of the guardians were watching me. Along with Lissa. I Stake my last 1 before any of them could say anything. "What ?" The faces were so shocked. I just laughed and leaned against. The wall And then it Clicked for me. "Lissa do the thing." L: All of them "no" Which ones I pointed at the ones that I meant. All of them, but Dimitri. She nodded and. Look all of them in the eyes. "I want you to go back to the Academy and say that you didn't find Princess vasilissa, and you don't know who he is." She said, pointing to Dimitri. "You understand." They all nodded and went back to the car. Dimitri looks so confused. D: W.. what .....did you do Rose? I chuckled R: oh Comrade You knew I was going to be a better guardian than you. He rolled his eyes.D: I really thought I was going to be better than you. I lightly punched him in the arm
R: Maybe someday Comrade." Lissa was standing there, so confused. R: So, are you going to guard Lissa?

D: Yes, I will." I walked over to Lissa. I thought about hugging her but then looked down at my clothes all bloody. "Hey, Liss, I know you're really confused. So this is guardian Dimitri Belikov, my best friend since I was born." Both of them flinched when I said that, but at different points. " and Comrade, this is Princess Vasilisa Dragomir, my best friend since I was 6. But just call her Lissa. " Dimitri stepped up and held out his hand for Lissa shake. "it nice to meet you, Princess Lissa." They shook hands. " It's very nice to meet you, guardian Belikov."
" How did you meet Rose?" Dimitri said
" We were Language arts class, and the teacher told us to spell out Vasilisa Sabina Rhea Dragomir and Rosemarie Hathaway. And Rose thought it was ridiculous. So she chucked a book at the teacher. And I mean, we're talking like a big book like as a thicccccccckkkkk boy, " Lissa said. And if you didn't know Dimitri, then you might have just thought that he was trying to be nice, but he wasn't. R: Dimitri, I know what you are doing, and it is a bad idea
" How about you?" Lissa said.
" She was delivered in my room." Dimitri said

" So is she your sister?" Lissa said
" No She's my best friend." Dimitri said
" That's impossible. She's my best friend." Lissa said
"I'm both of your best friends. Stop fighting over me." They are going to start going ballistic if I didn't stop them. They both turned to me as if just realizing that I was still there. Ouch "Sorry," They both said at the same time.
" Okay, can we get these Strigoi Bodies out of here?"
" Right away, my Roza, I will call the alchemists."
He pulled out his Phone, And stated to dial something before I stopped him.
" I have my own alchemist. " He stopped dialing when I said that. " You have your own alchemist. How many Strigoi do you have to kill to get one of those? For yourself"
"I lost count." I pulled out my phone and called my alchemist.
"How many bodies?"
"7"
"How many guardians, how many Moroi, and how many humans?"
"One guardian One Moroi And 0 human. And me"
"Okay, I'll be there in 5 minutes."
"OK, thank you, Sydney."
And I hung up. And we all Wind inside "Rose Are we leaving tonight? " Liss said
"No, we'll leave tomorrow. We will head north into Canada." I said
" How we gonna get there. " Dimitri said
Lissa turned and stared at him. " Do you have any faith in Rose?"
"We'll get there a car."
Dimitri ignored Lissa and just nodded to me. " I've got to go and talk to Sydney. " they both nodded.
D: Do you want me to be?
I nodded.
R:I would love that
D:Okay