18. to wish impossible things

Tree Hill, 2003

Tree Hill, 2003

Emma and Peyton met Haley in the middle of the insane crowd for the Annual Boy Toy Auction. Peyton was going to try to bid on Jake for the night and Emma was going to spend all her savings on Ethan. After Peyton told Haley who she was going to try to bid on.

"What about you, Hales? Ready to fight off these rabid skanks for Nathan?" Peyton asked.

"Actually, I think I'm gonna bid on Lucas." Haley told the girls, who exchanged glances and stared at Haley.

"Really? Are you crazy?" Emma asked.

"I haven't gotten a chance to spend time with him much lately and I get Nathan for free." Haley explained.

The girls saw that the next boy to be auctioned off was Tim, and they didn't know whether to laugh at the boy's performance or throw acid in their own eyes. Right after Tim, Jake took the stage wearing the Ravens basketball team mascot costume. Peyton ended up losing to a mysterious person who kept outbidding Peyton.

"Hey, Peyton. I know it sucks that you just lost, but..." Emma held Peyton's hands.

"Oh oh, I don't like this, Emm's." Peyton said and Haley laughed at both of them.

"Haley is going to bid on Lucas, because they're best friends and blah blah blah. Nathan is my best friend." Emma began to explain.

"Oh, boy." Peyton muttered.

"You bid on Ethan, bond with your favorite sister's boyfriend, and I'll bid on Nathan. Because I miss bothering Nate." Emma explained to Peyton and then turned to Haley.

"Better me than one of those crazy girls who are going to try their luck with Nate." Emma explained.

"It's okay, Emma. He misses spending time with you too." Haley said.

"Emm's, first of all, you're my only sister." Peyton began and Emma interrupted.

"And your favorite." Emma said smiling. "Pretty please with a cherry on top, Peyton?" Emma pouted.

"Peyton, I can't leave my boyfriend in the hands of these crazy girls. And I don't have enough money to bid them both." Emma pleaded.

"That's a weird threesome." Peyton said, laughing at the face her sister and Haley made. "Okay, I'll try."

"Thank you so much." Emma said smiling.