𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍, 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓

Start from the beginning

"Well- of course Johanna and finnick. Then...mags." She almost hesitated not knowing how to feel on it. On one hand she felt trying to protect mags was a liability but on the other she had too much sympathy.

"What about the two lovebirds Katniss and peeta?" The older woman brushed over mags.

"I don't know actually. I won't say I downright hate them. They're not stupid. Just a little impulsive." It wasn't both. It was only one. One of those two individuals. But suki also had a big amount respect for both.

She wouldn't go out of her way to be friends with them but she could give credit where it was due. They were impulsive but still brilliant.

"Interesting." Maybe she should also bring up beetee and wiress but before she could, chaff spoke up. His low, deep voice could intimidate a capitol citizen to if he says the right—wrong words.

"But what is the plan here? We already know who we are allied with. That should be obvious to you, seeder." He spoke turning to the woman.

Seeder didn't speak a word for a moment. She felt as though she had no say. Or she just couldn't think of anything.

"Sponsors." Suki spoke up remembering one of the most important of the games that tributes weren't even in control of.

"Yup. And I know I might not get any on my own. But I know who will. So I'm counting on you." Chaff spoke as he slowly turned his head towards suki. She let out a breath remembering this all falls back on her. It almost makes no sense how she isn't the most hated.

But that's the capitol. You can get away with anything by having good looks, charm, and playing their game. Maybe she did it the best. In one of the best ways. Still looking so innocent after the tragedy she caused.

She was a beautiful nightmare. She was able to walk across that stage and make everyone not care about what she had done. A smile plastered on her face as the memories began to repress from her mind.

"And I will pull through." She wouldn't try. She would. By the surprising chance it got hard, she would be the one chaff could fall back on. She knew that when it came to just her and chaff, she'd need to carry them.

Finnick and Katniss could carry the other allies.

"Now. Let's get back these interviews." She spoke with a sudden grave demeanor.

As the hours passed by she got less tense. More comfortable and almost smiley as seeder tried to act as ceaser flickerman stand in.

She knew now wasn't the time for giggles and laughs but her true, old self started to show. It could almost make her think of the color purple. Her favorite color. The color that represents so much. So much importance that she doesn't fully realize.

"And what about Johanna? You seem look very close. It's like- is she like your sister?" This snaps suki out of her tiny thoughts and makes her laser focused. This could lead to one of the most important questions all day.

"Show a little bit of envy." Chaff whispers wanting to see if suki could switch.

"She's quite the character. I find her a bit heartless." Suki speaks, almost scowling. Seeder steps out of character to give a nod of approval.

All three of them knows envy doesn't have to be loud or brutal. Not painfully obvious. It could look like only small dislike. It could be subtle. Suki then tries to repeat again.

"I find her a bit heartless." Instead of making her voice a tiny bit more throaty and glaring she gives doe eyes with the same tone as before. Hate or being mean can easily be played off. When you're soft spoken they won't even realize till they remember.

This could look like suki is just making an innocent suggestion or opinion without the intention of being mean. Of risking her life.

Chaff smirks as seeder keeps questioning. "Now be vulnerable. Actually— be yourself." Chaff recommends before listening closely.

"What about your friends? Your family? I assume they must be very proud of you." This is very sudden. Seeder knows what happened to suki's parents. Chaff gets ready to step in thinking this act is going too far.

"Gone." Suki speaks with a frown, cutting chaff off before he could mutter a single word. But nothing stops.

"Oh, my apologies. What happened?" Lana hears from the other room and steps in. She feels disgusted even though she can sense theirs more to this.

"That's enough." She speaks firmly. But not with enough finality to make it stop.

Suki looks at seeder in despair as she holds up at hand to tell Lana to back down. "A week before the repaint my mother went missing. I honestly don't know how to feel about her. She was a cruel woman. But I also saw her as a goddess when I was young."

It was true that her mother gave her hope.

"Stop it." Lana hissed whilst looking as though she's ready to punch someone in their jaw. She ran a hand through suki's hair trying to calm her down.

"You don't have to keep answering if you're uncomfortable." She whispered into suki's ear not wanting this to go on any longer.

Everyone was sending each other, expect for suki, daggers. It started to become tense. Bit still? One spoke up.

"And your father?" There was no mocking. Just playing along.

Now there was venom in the cottonmouth's voice. "He was impressed because of you cretins. Because of the mutts you call peacekeepers that are sent to keep my district "in order"." She turned away briefly to look at her lap. Her hands seemed a bit shaky.

"I'm sorry." Her mentor spoke with pity. She felt extremely guilty. But it was too late. Too much to be undone.

There wasn't a sob but as suki lifted her head ever so slightly you could see the tears swelled in her eyes, the shakiness of her bottom lip. The trembling of her hands as she brought one to the back of her neck.

There was a small cry as tears shook on her waterline and everyone was starting to gather around her to hug and comfort her.

"I knew I shouldn't have left the room. Look at what you've done." Lana spoke with irritation towards seeder. It only caused the woman feel a mixture of emotions pool in her gut. She felt ashamed of herself but now anger at the escort.

She heard a small noise of the door clicking open before a hand being on her shoulder. She knew it was Alexis or chance. But that isn't what would be spoke.

speaking so innocently. So heartbroken. Leaving so much room for people to try and cheer her up.

"Dad?"

She hid the twisted mental smirk she had. She almost wanted to laugh. This wasn't completely about being yourself. This wasn't about friends. She loved, and would protect them but that couldn't be shown.

This was about getting people on your side. Even old victors you've seen do the worst. This was about playing the game. The right way. About not letting the capitol take her again.

She listened, didn't she? She followed chaffs first request of being vulnerable. And fooled them all in the process.

Looks could always be deceiving.