Chapter 4: I can do this

Mia spent most of the night filling out the application, luckily she already started writing essays a while ago for the most common questions on applications. Mia slowly fixed it and updated it to fit this particular application, she needed it to be perfect being as it was already later than she normally would have sent it in. She knew Callie would pull some strings if she needed to but she wanted to do things by herself and know that she could do it by herself. She did already send in the applications to the New York colleges so it wasn't like this was her only option. Yet after talking to Callie, she was hoping that maybe she could stay in Washington, Paul was here, it was a new area and Callie could actually come to live here once she was done doing whatever she was currently doing. It let off a lot of stress but that didn't mean she wanted everything to be perfect and to go her way. She wanted this college. So Mia spent the night fixing up the perfect essay and submitting it before throwing her laptop on the nightstand, she flung herself back and before long she was asleep.

It didn't feel like long for Mia to wake up with the sun shining across her motel room. Slowly she searched her phone finding it wrapped up in her blankets she had a couple of messages from her mother, Callie, and a photo from her friend Alica. Quickly she replied back to Callie and Alica, unsure how she would even reply to her mother who was asking her when she was coming back home. She didn't know how she was going to tell her that she wasn't going to be coming back for a while and she's not sure she wanted to have that fight right now. Sighing Mia left the message and decided that she would come back to it tomorrow or something, she honestly just couldn't be bothered today. She sent Paul a message asking what time should she plan to met up with him and went to get in the shower in the meantime. Mia didn't have much to do honestly, when she took this trip she didn't think she would have been gone this long so everything was back at home.

Paul didn't take long to reply telling her that it would be around four that it started. Looking at the clock it was just past twelve o'clock, sighing she figured she might as well take a shower now then at least her hair would be dry by then at least. Sadly taking a shower didn't take four hours so Mia found herself sitting on her bed flipping through the limited channels on the tv. Since this morning she received three more messages from her mother, Mia sat there debating to tell her mother that she wasn't going back or just wait a little longer to see if she even got accepted school before cutting off the possibility of returning completely. Sighing she decided to tell her that it was going to be another week before she would come home.

The day from there went pretty slow, Mia went out and found the library in town and looked through the books they had. Sadly she couldn't actually take them back to the hotel being that her address was over two thousand miles away but at least being here she was actually around people. So she spent the early afternoon hiding out in a beanbag chair in the corner of the library, only quickly stopping at the store and the motel quickly, she finally headed out to the directions that Paul gave her.

Originally she was supposed to meet up with him out here but his job ran later than planned so she had to find Paul's friends house alone. And she soon found out was not an easy task, many roads didn't seem to have signs at all. Many of these families have been living here so long that they didn't need to. Luckily though she seemed to find the right way but only because Mia passed a truck that had Colin and Jared in the back of it, they waved as they passed and waited for her to turn around and followed them.

"Thanks so much, I was completely lost." Mia told Colin when she got out of her car, grinning at the group.

"We figured as much but you were pretty close." Colin smiled at her. "Are those cookies?" He said eyeing the box Mia pulled out the car. She couldn't come empty-handed and since she couldn't use an oven to save her life she stopped at the store and bought a couple of dozen cookies for them.