Chapter 1: Ocean Blues

Mia Walker always wanted to leave her small town in New York, to run away and finally be able to become her own person. She never will have that at home, always having to live under her parents. They always expected too much from her within abnormal goals and expectations but there wasn't anything Mia could do beside follow through with what they said. Stressed till the day she was able to get away from them and start living her own life. Mia couldn't even remember what the argument was even about anymore she just remembered packing her bags and deciding to leave for a while. Just remembering being so furious at them and unable to stand being in that house one more day, she packed her bags quietly that night and slowly put everything into her mini coop and drove away. She wasn't even sure where she would go but at that point she didn't really care, so she just drove. Mia knew her parents cared about her but they showed it in the worst ways possible, they were judgement over little things, always expecting much more then capable. Then they believed if they just gave you nice things and took you to places that all would be okay. It was such a long time ago that Mia tried to stop pleasing them but yet she always hoped that one day they would finally be prod of her. It was a odd dynamic. But it was all to much after eighteen years, she needed to go and be herself for a little bit before having to continue living that way. So she left, stopping by all the road side shows and shops she could find, enjoying all the things she always wanted to see but never could. It was a nice adventure, a break from everything even if it was a little lonely. Eventually she found herself in a city called Seattle, Washington. It was beautiful and busy and so much different from her small home town and she loved it. Staying in city for a few days Mia decided she might as well head to the ocean, so she can officially say she took a East Coast to West Coast road trip.

                  And that's how she found herself sitting on a sandy beach late at night, watching the waves crash. It was peaceful besides a bit cold, the sky seemed to be clear which she assumed was abnormal for the area as it was raining everyday since she got here. Even the log was still damp that she had to put her sweater down first which led her to be cold in the first place. She could see the stars in the sky, the full moon illumining the water in front of her. A group of people were a little off to her left around a bonfire, their laughs echoing over the beach. She didn't feel like going back to the motel anyways, she felt like she needed to be here. Not sure quite why but Mia was okay with having some time to think and relax.

                   Mia needed some time to think, her goal was always to become a school teacher and nothing else would work. She worked so hard in school making sure her grades were perfect, taking all the extra classes that would get her ahead. She knew that much wasn't going to change no matter what but the question was where? She could end up back in New York, living with her parents for a bit longer or maybe going to a school completely away. Mia went to Charleston a couple years ago and she loved it there, or even maybe someplace in California or Florida. Her grades should have been good enough to be accepted into a lot of different schools. But she didn't have much time to figure out where, she had a plan. Go to school, have her first job becoming a teacher proving to her parents that should could do it, then find some guy to settle down with then have the marriage and have two maybe three kids running around. The plan was set and Mia was determined to follow it, nothing else would work. Part of wished something could just tell her what to do but that was the whole point of getting away from her parents so she could decided for herself but it was such unfamiliar territory. She knew what she wanted but just getting there was tricky part.

                      A gust of cold air whipped across the beach, causing Mia out of her head as she shivered, thinking it could be time to go soon before it got colder. Part of the group to her left were running into the water, which Mia thought was completely crazy. When she first got here she went straight to the water and it was far to cold to put your feet in yet alone your whole body. But these guys ran in like it was nothing, what she could make out there were three of them tossing each other around, splashing each other like children all while laughing at each other. So Mia watched them as they slowly ended up basically in front of her, unsure if it was a bit too creepy that she was watching them but technically she was there first and they did end up where she was looking. They looked like they were having fun, not a care in the world but she knew how much of an act that could be. But eventually the cold had to be to much for them as they slowly were getting out of the water close to where Mia sat. Seeing them more clearly she realized they all looked alike, they could be brothers, brothers all on steroids for sure. They all had matching tattoos it seemed, maybe it was thing here. Their bodies soaked as they were all shirtless and only in a pair of shorts, oddly none of them were shivering and yet here she was completely dry and getting cold in her jackets. Mia couldn't imagine how they could have even stand dressing like that without even being in the water. The shorter of the front two laughed at the taller one, retaliating the taller one shoved him down into the sand not even a foot away from where Mia sat. Causing her to slightly jump having looked away so they didn't see her staring at them.