Chapter 4

—Start of Chapter—

"After all those millenia... is this what Jarilo-VI has become?"

You along with the others stare at the small winter planet after getting up from your seats.

"Huh? So that snowy planet is our destination this time?" March asks.

"Yes... Looks like this trailblazing expedition won't be easy."

Everybody turns around when Pom-Pom comes from behind.

"Spatial readout anomaly! Star rail stability is down to 12%! Schedule alteration: Seven-day stopover time extended indefinitely!"

"Anomaly?" Stelle asks.

"Oh dear... not again" You furrow your eyebrows in annoyance at the situation.

"The complex locality of this world has been... affected somehow. The star rail has been blocked off by something."

Stelle still looked confused so Himeko gave an example to break down the situation for her.

"Take an ordinary train as an example: It's like the tracks up ahead have suddenly snapped, and the way forward leads straight into a collapsing abyss..."

"And the only sensible thing to do would be to break hard, right?" You finished what Himeko was trying to say.

"If we try to force our way ahead, there could be a hefty price to pay!"

March facepalms, not liking the outcome.

"This again... Don't tell me, it's gotta be..."

"The results of the preliminary analysis are here — the anomaly stems from a Stellaron, as always," Welt explains.

"Stellaron..." Stelle mumbles out.

'Ah, have we ever explained a Stellaron properly to Stelle yet? I can't remember anymore...' you think to yourself.

"Yes, Stelle — just like the one that's been placed into your body."

"What should we do..." Stelle wonders worriedly.

"Don't worry. It's not the first time our route has been obstructed by a Stellaron," Himeko reassures her.

"Stellarons are clouded in mystery — even Herta isn't able to fully understand them... but at least we know how to neutralize their influences."

Welt gives her a nod, as he continues explaining.

"The only thing we can say for sure is that their arrival causes massive changes to civilizations and ecosystems. They also generate distortions in space such as Fragmentums."

"There must be an inextricable connection between the Stellaron we're dealing with here, and Jarilo-VI becoming a frozen planet," Welt says as everyone takes another glance at the planet.

"Our current theory is that Stellarons are seeds of disaster planted by a certain Aeon throughout the universe. We can't continue to trailblaze without removing the source of the disaster," Himeko continues

"Stellarons are way too dangerous for a planet like that to handle. And it seems we've come a bit too late, it looks like the Stellaron has already done a number on Jarilo-VI," you add in.

"So you're saying..." Stelle begins.

"That we've gotta get busy!" March finishes with a smile.

"Stelle, I'd like to entrust this trailblazing expedition to March, [Name], Dan Heng, and you," Himeko states.