Chapter 1

—Start of Chapter—

2 hours ago, the Astral Express was suddenly invaded by the Antimatter Legion. Asta ordered an emergency evacuation and specifically told you and your group to rescue any stranded researchers.

"Look out!" March 7th shouts as a blinding light takes over your eyes. Luckily, the explosion wasn't too big and none of you were hurt. Eventually, you, Dan Heng, and March 7th stumble across an unfamiliar face.

"H-huh? Is that... an unconscious person?" You stare at the person laying on the floor.

***

"Weren't their coordinates sent out from the space station...?" "Who cares? They're here and alive. Do they look like a mannequin to you?" March asks sarcastically.

Dan Heng bends over to check their vitals. "... Weak heartbeat and pulse... March, you better do CPR," he says as he looks at her. March starts getting all flustered and pushes Dan Heng to do it instead.

As Dan Heng leans in, the person suddenly opens their eyes. "Wait — stop it! They're awake!" March pushes Dan Heng's face away as she leans in.

You eventually help the mysterious person get up as they rub their head. "Are you all right? Can you hear me? Do you remember your name?" March asks.

"I... don't remember a thing," the person says.

"Aw, this isn't good... Can you try harder? I'm sure you can at least remember your name..."

"My name is Stelle," she responds as she looks down slightly.

"Stelle? Nice to meet you. My name's Dan Heng, this is March 7th, and this is [Name]. This space station was just attacked by the Antimatter Legion. We came to help with the rescue at the request of Lead Researcher Asta," Dan Heng explains as March just nods along.

Stelle begins asking some questions before finally asking "Where should I go?"

"Back to the master control zone. Asta and the other researchers have gathered there."

"Plus that's where we parked the Astral Express! Don't you worry, we'll protect you from the monsters and clear up this mess," March says cheerfully.

Stelle asks a few more questions while March and Dan Heng kindly answer. "Let's go then," she says after she's done asking all her questions.

"You, March, and [Name] go back together. Arlan from the Security Department lost contact in the vicinity. I need to find him first."

"Ah, Arlan's missing? Let me help you look for him," you say as you worry for the young boy.

"Oh, all right. You two stay safe," March says as you wave her goodbye. The both of you walk off, leaving the other two to return to the master control zone.

***

The two of you find Arlan in the control room who seemed to be injured. "Arlan! Are you ok?" You ask as you hurry to his side.

"I'm fine, thank you for worrying, Lady [Name]."

"Your leg... and your hand... they're injured!" You say as you gently touch his wounds, worried for him. "We need to get you to the infirmary."

Dan Heng looks out the large window and notices something before turning his head back to you. "I think I see the others. I'll call them over," he says as he leaves.

You stand by Arlan's side, letting him lean on you slightly so he'd put less pressure on his injured leg.

***