Mare in the Moon - Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Canterlot?!" Rarity suddenly beamed with excitement. "Oh I'm so envious! The glamour, the sophistication! I have always dreamed of living there. I can't wait to hear all about it! We are going to be the best of friends, you and I." Rarity glanced at Twilights outfit and she noticed a particular gemstone that she was not happy with on the outfit. "Emeralds?! What was I thinking? Let me get you some rubies." Rarity ran off to find some rubies that were stored away in her house somewhere. "Quick! Before she decides to dye my coat a new colors!" Twilight took off in a run and she sprinted out of Carousel Boutique.

Spike sighed as he smiled, he was of course thinking about the beautiful white unicorn. He was now sitting on Twilights back as they made their way through Ponyville once again. "Wasn't she wonderful?" Spike smiled then Twilight looked at him as she continued to walk forward. "Focus Casanova. What's next on the list?" Spike lifted the list then he cleared his throat before reading. "Oh, uh, music! It's the last one!" He smiled.

Twilight and Spike suddenly heard a musical melody ring through the air. They both followed the melody until they saw a thin tree with quite a few birds of all different colors sitting on the tree limbs. There was a pegasus pony in the air, flying in front of the tree so she could watch the birds sing their melody. The pegasus pony had a yellow coat with a long light pink mane and tail. She had teal colored eyes and a cutie mark that was of three pink butterflies. As they all listened to the birds whistle and tweet in harmony, one blue bird in particular was a bit behind in its tune. "Oh my, um, stop please everyone." The pegasus flew up to the blue bird. "Umm, excuse me sir? I mean no offense, but your rhythm is just a teeny-tiny bit off." The yellow pegasus spoke in such a soft caring voice. She turned and flew back to where she was before so she could face the birds and see them all.

"A one, a two, a one two three—" "Hello!" The pony was interrupted by Twilights loud voice. The birds immediately flew away in fright. "Oh my, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to frighten your birds. I'm just here to check up on the music and it's sounding beautiful." Twilight said with a smile as the pegasus pony landed on the ground in front of her. The pony just brushed her hoof on the ground in an awkward silence. Twilight smiled nervously and looked back and forth unsure of what to do. "I'm Twilight Sparkle." She introduced herself, but the other pony would not respond or say anything. "What's your name?" Twilight tried to start up a conversation so that it would not be so awkward anymore.

 "What's your name?" Twilight tried to start up a conversation so that it would not be so awkward anymore

"Um, I'm Fluttershy." The pegasus finally said, but she said it so quietly that no one could understand her. "I'm sorry, what was that?" Twilight asked as she tried to hear the quiet pony. "Um...my name is Fluttershy." This time she said it even quieter than the first. "Didn't quite catch that." Instead of saying her name, the pony sounded like she was squeaking instead as she backed away from Twilight. The birds on the tree started to fly back onto the branches since it was much quieter now and they weren't so scared anymore.

There was another pause between the two ponies, then Twilight broke the silence once again. "Um, well, it looks like your birds are back, so I guess everything's in order. Keep up the good work." Twilight smiled awkwardly. The pony just squeaked again causing Twilight to back up. "Oookay."

Twilight walked back over to Spike after her awkward one-sided exchange with the pegasus. "Well, that was easy." Twilight said to him. The pony saw Spike next to Twilight then she suddenly gasped and reared up into the air as her eyes got wide. "A baby dragon!" She ran over to him quickly and bumped Twilight out of the way causing her to fly back away from them. "Oh, I've never seen a baby dragon before. He's sooo cute!" The pony beamed with excitement. "Well well well." Spike glanced back at Twilight who was lying on the ground a bit banged up, then he crossed his arms proud of himself for getting the pony's attention.

"Oh my, he talks. I didn't know dragons could talk. That's just so incredibly wonderful, I... I just don't even know what to say!" She spread her wings and slightly flew a few inches above the ground in happiness. "Well in that case, we'd better be going." Twilight said as she used her magic to lift Spike and float him over to her, then she set him on her back. Twilight started to walk off but the pegasus pony walked after her. "Wait, wait! What's his name?" She asked. "I'm Spike." He responded introducing himself. "Hi Spike, I'm Fluttershy." She said as clear as day this time. "Wow, a talking dragon, and what do dragons talk about?" "Well, what do you want to know?" He asked. "Absolutely everything." Fluttershy said with a kind smile. Twilight groaned and hung her head towards the ground, it was going to be a long walk. "Well...I started out as a cute little purple and green egg..." Spike started to tell Fluttershy his entire life story as he stayed on Twilights back while she walked.

The sun had started to set by the time they finished their walk. They had arrived at the library where Twilight was staying. It looked like a large tree with windows and doors complete with a balcony. It was quite large given that it was part library and part house inside for Twilight to stay in.

"And that's the story of my whole entire life! Well, up until today. Do you wanna to hear about today?" Spike asked. "Oh yes please!" Fluttershy responded with a smile. Twilight suddenly turned around quickly to face Fluttershy causing Spike to almost loose his balance on her back. "I am so sorry. How did we get here so fast? This is where I'm staying while in Ponyville, and my poor baby dragon needs his sleep." "No I don't." Spike protested, but Twilight kicked her leg to the side so that Spike would fall off her back and onto the ground. "Aww, wook at dat, he's so sweepy he can't even keep his widdle balance!" Twilight smiled awkwardly to Fluttershy. She tried her best to get the pegasus pony to go away and leave them alone.

Fluttershy quickly ran over to Spike and she swept him up in her arms as she flew just above the ground hovering. "Poor thing, you simply must get into bed." Fluttershy opened the door to the large tree and flew inside. Twilight immediately raced inside after her, then she quickly pushed Fluttershy out the door. "Yes yes, we'll get right on that. Well, goodnight!" Twilight shut the door quickly, even though Fluttershy was still standing in front of it.

Twilight walked over to Spike in the pitch black darkness of the library. "Huh, rude much?" Spike said sounding annoyed. "Sorry Spike, but I have to convince the Princess that Nightmare Moon is coming, and we are running out of time! I just need to be alone so I can study without a bunch of crazy ponies trying to make friends all the time. Now where's the light?" Twilight asked as they were still standing in the dark room.

A click was suddenly heard and the lights turned on in the room to reveal a crowed of ponies standing all around Twilight and Spike. "Surprise!!" The ponies all shouted and a kazoo was heard as confetti fell to the floor and balloons floated into the air. Twilight groaned at the sight of all these ponies. This was not going to go well for her, Twilight just wanted to be alone, but instead, all of these uninvited guests were now in her house. This was a true nightmare for Twilight.