"So there are two conflicting versions of what happened yesterday. Are there any witnesses to the interaction?" Dolores' question wiped the self-satisfied look right off of Gary's face.

"Yes, in fact. A group of employees had gathered behind me throughout the interaction. You can ask them what happened if you wish to investigate further." You said, the barest traces of a smile twitching at your lips.

"I will have to. These are some serious accusations, and we need to-"

"THAT won't be necessary! I forgive her for her transgressions. There doesn't need to be an investigation." Gary looked quite nervous about where the conversation was going.

"There is a conflict of interest here, which requires an investigation. Unless one of you is willing to admit you were lying, the matter will have to be looked into. Rules are rules, after all." It was fun watching Gary begin to sweat bullets.

"Hey, uh, what about my job? You know? The thing we're here for?" He was quick to change the subject.

"You still haven't answered my question on why you think you should keep your job." You reminded him, and he looked a little resigned that he'd have to talk about a subject he didn't want to.

"Well, I should keep this job because it's the highest paying I've ever had. Also, the hours are great, and... and... oh! My own parking spot! I really like having that!" Gary said, acting as if these were valid reasons for his continual employment.

"Mr. Stuart, these are reasons why you WANT the job. I'm asking you why you should keep the job." You interrupted him before his embarrassment could go on.

"Those are the reasons." was his brilliant response. You stared at him for a moment, and thought about the best way to phrase the next part.

"I believe there is some miscommunication here. When a company hires an employee, there is an agreement there that the worker will trade in their labor for money. A lot of people want the higher positions for the very reasons you just listed, but those require special qualifications. Looking at your application, it was very obvious that it was tampered with, therefore already placing you on thin ice when it comes to your future employment. Now, let me ask the question in a different way: what can you contribute to this company that would warrant you to keep a managerial position?" you explained, and Gary looked like he bit into a particularly tart lemon.

"Uh... well... Technicians work with computers, right? I practically live on my computer. I'd say I know how to work one really well." he was fidgeting with the bottom of his shirt.

"Oh, and what can you do on a computer? Keep in mind that every technician knows how to do the basic soft and hard reboot on any device, so saying you can do that is merely the bare minimum for a common tech job, let alone a manager of the department." you warned, and Gary's face lost a lot of color there.

"I know... keyboard shortcuts?" he suggested weakly.

"Is that a question, or do you know for certain?" Your inner gremlin was trying to claw her way out of her box, but you forced that lid to stay on tight. Being professional was working so far, and you didn't want to blow it.

"I do know keyboard shortcuts!" he said, with more conviction.

"Good. Anything else?" you asked, and you could see his mind scrambling for more things to promote himself with.

"I'm very familiar with the internet." he finally came up with after a minute of thinking.

"Technicians don't need to work on the internet, at least not in this establishment. We focus on the coding and programming of our robots. From the Mapbots to the Glamrocks, technicians make sure there is no corruption, bugs or glitches residing in their software. Are you able to do any of that, Mr. Stuart?" You asked, and the expression on his face told you all that you needed to know. The resounding silence afterwards only sealed his fate.

"I see... I'm sorry, Mr. Stuart, but there is a solid case against you at this point. I'm afraid there is no choice but to let you go." You said, trying not to let your joy show.

"WHAT?! You can't do that!!! You're the same level of position as me! Mr. Selik has to be the one to fire me!" Gary jumped up, and started yelling at you.

"Actually, she can. Under very specific circumstances can a manager fire another manager that's on their same level. Those requirements are: if the manager in question shows gross unprofessionalism, poor understanding of the field of work they're in, and has not contributed to the job in any way in the last six months. You qualify for all three of those, therefore she has every right to fire you." Dolores laid the law down on Gary, and it was so satisfying to see his face turn dark red.

"You are both BITCHES! I will SUE this place for all it has! You're clearly a bunch of man-hating feminists because you're discriminating against me!" Gary continued along those lines of ranting as he gathered all his anime figures, and whatnot from his desk. You provided him a box you had stashed off to the side for this very moment. He ripped it out of your grasp, and poured all kinds of anime stuff, snacks, and... were those condoms? You fought tooth and nail to hide your disgust as he packed his things, and stomped out of the room, yelling and cursing the whole way.

"Well, that went better than I expected." Dolores said, looking quite pleased about everything.

"It was honestly quite satisfying." You admitted, messing with your Fazwatch.

"I'm also proud of you for keeping a cool head throughout all of that." Dolores patted your shoulder.

"Thank you. It was hard at times, but I'm happy to know I can act like an adult when I need to." You said, smiling sincerely at her, before returning to your Fazwatch.

"What are you doing?" she asked, noticing your actions.

"I'm ordering a team of S.T.A.F.F. bots to come give Gary's desk and chair a thorough cleaning AND sanitizing. I don't want anyone touching either of those until they are spotless." You said, nodding when you got the green checkmark that they were on their way.

"Do I want to know why you feel so strongly about that?" she asked, giving the furniture a weary glance.

"No, you don't." You said flatly. It wasn't too long before the S.T.A.F.F. bots arrived and started cleaning.

"Okay, one meeting down, one more to go. Are you ready?" Dolores asked after a minute of watching the cleaning take place.

"Ready as I'll ever be." You gave her a smile, and the two of you headed off to your second meeting for the day.