What If Blaze was Smarter? Part 2

Start from the beginning

***

Blaze

"Checkmate." Smolder said proudly as he moved the rook to the winning position. Blaze wasn't exactly surprised by this, but that didn't mean she wasn't a little upset. "Really? I almost had you that time!"

"You most certainly did not." Blaze's eyes shifted to all the pieces Smolder had captured. Yeah, I was still nowhere close. That's when an idea hit Blaze, and she smiled slightly.

"Oh look it's Palm!" She pointed to her right causing her brother swivel his head where her claw was pointing. Blaze then quickly grabbed her queen and moved it to knock over Smolder's.

"Yes, I WIN!" Blaze shouted as she waved at her queen in the air. "I am the queen of chess!" Smolder turned back trying to look upset, but he seemed more amused than anything.

"Blaze, we've been over this. Cheating doesn't mean you win." He began to swipe off the pieces from the board and put them into a bag. "If you don't follow the rules there's no point in playing."

"I disagree, rules are just a construct to limit dragons' creativity." Smolder chuckled as he continued to clean up. "That's very articulate for you, what scroll did you read that in?" Blaze crossed her front legs, in frustration. "Hey! I'm very capable of saying smart things!" "Of course you are."

Blaze then shot up remembering a question she was going to ask. "Now Smolder, this is very important. So important it could change the world as we know it." Blaze was saying these things as serious as possible, though Smolder didn't seem to believe her. "Blaze pulled out the two earrings, the silver-alexandrite one and the gold-amber one. "Now, I need your honest opinion. Which one of these are better?" Despite the seriousness of this situation, Smolder continued acting casually as he examined the two pieces of jewlery.

"Personally, I like the amber one more..." "THANK YOU! Because, I wanted give this one to Six-Claws but I wasn't entirely sure he would want it, I mean, I did give him an amber bracelet for his eighth hatching day..."

"Haven't you already planned out Six-claws' hatching day gifts till the 48th one?" "Well 51 now." Blaze corrected him quickly. "It's just, I saw this alexandrite earring in the treasury and started having second thoughts about the gift I was going to give him-!

"Blaze. Six-claws is a nice dragon, he will like whatever gift you give him. Blaze remembered back when Six-claws apologized for not having a gift for Blaze's hatching day. "PLEASE, do you really think I care about that? She had said in a haughty tone, You shouldn't worry about getting me, a princess gifts." "I know. He just... deserves the best, like this earring, and me."

Smolder laughed at this. "Well, with that amount of confidence, he may just be yours yet." Blaze blushed at this, trying to hide how excited she was to wish him a happy hatching day. These past couple of years, Six-Claws was always busy with missions and guard duty. Blaze hated to admit it, but their limited time together only made her want him more. With every passing year he grew taller, and cuter, and more muscular.

Blaze was not shy to tell Fennec and Gila about how much of a specimen their brother was.

"Well, I'd better go, he should be off gaurd duty now." Her older brother smiled again, picking his claw up for a slight wave. "Bye Blaze." "Bye Smolder." She said glancing back as she left the room. Her excitement was barely contained as she headed towards where she knew Six-claws would be (no she was not a stalker). Hopefully Dune wouldn't be following him around like normal...