"Hello?" My voice echoed out, using one hand to cup the side of my mouth. When it fell back to my side, the texture of clothing my fingers touched caught my attention. I was wearing a dress. It had small, short sleeves and flowed freely as the wind pushed it around. A deep, square neckline decorated the top with many beautifully placed beads. The majority of the fabric was a dark blue.

"Finally," Revali stepped out from nowhere, stopping right in front of me. My gaze was forcefully moved from my clothes to the Rito, "I thought I'd be up here forever waiting." It was the same Revali I knew, only, he was all dressed up. He wore an elegant, dark blue vest with a small bow tie and his feathers were done all neatly; far from how I've ever seen him. The weird thing? He looked pretty good. Handsome actually.

"You're all done up." That was all I could think to say. It was the only thing on my mind, "What's the occasion?" I crossed my arms with a laugh, my fingers feeling my own feathers as they brushed over each other.

"Meeting you here of course." Revali stepped closer, the wind growing stronger as he held out a wing, "The Rito champion doesn't just wait for anyone."

I took a good look at him before giving him my hand, my lips turning up into a skeptical smile as I squinted my eyes. He was warm, pulling me close. I wanted to say more— ask more, but I felt very little control over my own body. Even then, everything just felt right.

Thoughtlessly, I glanced down, seeing long, [color] feathers lining my arms. They protruded from the midway point on my bicep, all the way down to the dorsal side of my hand.

    There were more protruding from my lower back, their growing point perfectly aligned with my hips. The ends of them fell near my ankles, decorated with [black/white] tips and a few scattered [s/color] stripes. I raised a hand to my eyes, feeling even more, tiny feathers lining around the tails of my eyebrows. They felt soft and sleek, delicately resting on my skin.

Before I could turn my eyes away from where they rested, Revali leaned in close, "Those feathers of yours are..." His voice was only a whisper as he wrapped a wing around my waist. My heart dropped, already preparing for what he had to say, "alluring, to say the least."

My eyes widened, darting to his in disbelief. His expression was relaxed, and a slight smile rested across his face. My face flushed, probably red as my hands quickly became damp with sweat, heart fluttering. No one, not anyone I had ever met, said such a thing to me before— or looked at me that way. Specifically about my feathers though? It was too good to be true. There's no way that this is real... I hastily glanced around, finally starting to gain some control of myself.

None of this makes any sense.

This wasn't real.

My foot stepped back and my grip on him loosened as I pulled away. I shook my head, "Wha— What?" Revali only held on tighter, not wanting to let go, "This isn't— None of this is..."  I could hear rips in the fabric of the dress I wore, my skin burning as it was further exposed. Everything was so cold and the wind roared, blocking out any and all sound.

    Instinctively, I reached back out in front of me, desperately trying to reach for Revali but he was gone, "Revali! Where did you go?!"

    Is this what waits for me? Any good thing I have in life being torn away from me?

    In the blink of an eye, my feet were swept off the ground and I was thrown into the air. Everything spun as the palms of my hands pressed against my scalp, my finger curling tightly around my hair.

    Wake up! Wake up!

-

I awoke with a gasp, fighting for my breath as I sat up. My heart drummed rapidly, filling the noise of the quiet room as I felt all my blood rush to my ears. I was frantic, searching the room around me as I came out of a deep sleep. For just a moment, my whole body felt as though it was still being tossed around and I didn't even realize that I had woken up yet.