LONNIE: TAKE ONE

LONNIE: TAKE ONE

by

Owen Carson

Owen Carson

Robinlane 700

703-555-9540

     OVERLAPPING LOUD CONVERSATION...WHIMSICAL MUSIC...A BELL RINGS...

1 INT. STUDIO - EVENING

     A tall wooden stool sits in the middle of a rundown high school recording studio. The pastel blue paper backdrop is torn and creased in multiple places. A small black keyboard is propped up on a stand in front of the chair, situated as if intended to be played, turned onto the "classical" mode.

MALE VOICE (O.S.)

LONNIE, Could you just sit over there?

LONNIE (O.S.)

Sure.

     LONNIE, an eighteen year old, brown haired girl, wearing a blue school uniform walks cautiously to the stool that OWEN points to. OWEN is a year younger, he appears to be eager about recording with her. LONNIE appears irritated and begrudging, but she sits, with impeccable posture, dutifully.

LONNIE

What's with the keyboard?

OWEN (O.S.)

Don't ask questions.

(OWEN adjusts the camera to focus on LONNIE)

     LONNIE raises an eyebrow in surprise and sifts in her seat.

Top Ten, ANGELWOOD HIGH SCHOOL. Graduating year of 1989. Time capsule, digital yearbook. Melonie "Lonnie" Connors, interview one.

(moves a clapperboard, filled with messy, smudged writing with the same information, in front of camera and claps it)

Take one–

     LONNIE hits the keyboard, playing a D, interrupting him, frustrated.

LONNIE

What's with the keyboard?

OWEN (O.S.)

Just let me get through this. Lonnie interview, take one–

     LONNIE hits another key, E, interrupting him again.

OWEN (O.S.)

Lonnie, take one-

     Another key, A. OWEN is verbally irritated by LONNIE.

OWEN (O.S.)

Take one–

    Another key, B, but this time she holds it for a whole second.

OWEN (O.S.)

Lonnie, just let me finish–

     Another key, C, holds it for a split second.

LONNIE

Answer my question.

OWEN (O.S)

It's just for symbolism. Blue backdrop cause it's your favorite color, and piano because you are musically talented.

LONNIE

(she frowns, confused)

How'd you know my favorite color?

OWEN (O.S.)

Lonnie, take one.

(moves clapperboard in front of camera again. covering Lonnie, snaps it shut)

     BELL RINGS...VIDEO CUTS OFF, STATIC PLAYS BEFORE LONNIE CAN RESPONSE. END OF TAKE ONE. 

༺‿༻ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

This is supposed to look kind of like a script, I am really hoping that was the vibe it was giving off.  It looks a lot better on google docs I swear. I know it is short, but I wanted to give you a little preview of out lovely protagonist(when she was in highschool). Next chapter will be an actual chapter, I promise. 

do you like sour patch kids, if so, what is your favorite?

goldnapple, 2024