"What you get instead?"

"I got asparagus, tha' shit for mac and cheese, extra potatoes and I want ya' to make me some carrot cake so some bullshit cake mix," he listed everything he had.

"Who said I knew how to make carrot cake?" Kiyomi laughed.

"Ya' lil' smart ass can follow instructions," he quickly responded back. "I'm finna' be on the way but Niko had a question for ya'—"

She could hear Niko smack his lips in the distance before the phone rustled around and she soon heard him talking, "—this scary ass nigga," she giggled a little, knowing A'shaun probably really did want to ask, "Spook and his sister wanna' come eat,"

Her heart started to flutter quickly, "Uh,"

"I told that nigga they wasn't invited," she could tell through the phone Niko had shrugged his shoulder. 

"He sure wasn't," she sighed thinking about it. She didn't want anything to obvious, knowing to them it was just another homeboy coming to chill, but it was obviously deeper than that. "I guess I can make extra," 

"Aight bet," wind went through the speakers, him handing the phone back to A'shaun.

"When ya'll on the way?" she questioned, now having the need to pick up more around her house. It was clean, but she didn't want anything sitting out like the framed picture of from her first ultrasound and positive pregnancy test. She had even blown a few pictures up from when her belly first started to grow. Things she didn't mind for other people to see, but didn't want Semaj to see.