30 ♪ a warm welcome

Start from the beginning

"You argued with me for days before we actually started working well together for SDC."

"You did too?"

"I never said that I was mature."

"At least you know," Jihyun muttered, the tilt of her lips blusterous and cocky, and the gentle grin on Riki's lips revealed that he was indulging in it.

"No wonder you two ended up together. There's like—no dichotomy between you two at all," Jungwon mentioned. He leisurely stepped further into the arrayed room, and like following the leader, everyone else dispersed throughout the living room too.

Jihyun's eyes narrowed, and she scanned him from head to toe in a once-over. If she was asked, Jihyun would definitely be able to point out a couple of differences but she gives Jungwon a pass because he had yet to get to know her. "He's the more annoying one."

Jake huffed audibly, probably with the intention of catching their attention. "Agreed. He's literally a kid."

"I'm not a kid when it comes to my height," Riki retorted.

"You're a kid when you lose in a game," Jake remarked.

Sunoo fell to the couch, resting against the cushions, and his face unimpressed with their bickering. "Can you guys be any more embarrassing?"

Riki spun around his foot, facing the boy lazing on the couch. "I'm not being embarrassing."

Jungwon scooped the abandoned television remote into his hand, and he settled into the couch too. "You were," he said, voice tepid.

Jihyun sighed when she noticed Riki looking at her. She figured he expected some sort of reassurance just to prove him wrong, but Jihyun decided it'd be best to push back. "You were," she doubled down.

"See? Even your girlfriend agrees."

Girlfriend. It was safe to say that Jihyun hadn't quite gotten used to the term just yet, but she surmised it would take some time. She hid a timid smile behind her hand.

"My girlfriend likes me, so I know it's a joke."

Jihyun faced away from the debacle, but she could still hear Riki's statement echoing around in her head. She did like him, she liked him with no shame in it, but there was a prominent delay in her realizing the fact that it was something established now. She was dating Riki, and Riki was dating Jihyun.

Sunghoon raised three of his fingers into the air like counting off. "Three C's; Cringey..."

It would take Heeseung a laugh before he continued. "Cheesy, and corny."

"He's just excited over having a girlfriend, let him be."

"That did not help, Jay," Riki griped.

"I wasn't trying to help."

"Sorry that I wasn't aware that my entire friend group consisted of enemies."

Jihyun just so happened to catch the look forming on Jungwon's face. "Then don't be surprised when I tell Jihyun everything you told us about her."

She turned her attention to him—of course, Jihyun already knew that Riki said something, but she was intrigued about what he could've possibly said.

"Sunoo can you recap me on what's going on in this series so far?" Riki redirected.

Jihyun considered it sudden, but she realized why Riki brought it up when Sunoo began to rant. Quick-witted, Riki could be.