Chapter 33 - Was It You?

In the evening, we decided to go through the warphole tomorrow and camp near a huge tree with a lake nearby.

I explored around to check if there were any dangers while thinking that I couldn't just rest because I needed to take responsibility for the mess I got us into.

As I walked, I came upon the lake and saw my own face reflected in the surface of the water as I watched the full moon alone.

Dear god if your the one who summon me here in this world? why are you giving me a hardtime?

Did I do something wrong so that you can punish me like this?

"Your being cruel, It's so pathetic to be reborn in this world, if all he wants to do is make me suffer for all the years I endured just to live normally.

Ugh... What the hell is wrong with this world... I mumbled to myself, then turned around and saw Natsume beside the tree. I walked slowly toward him and rustled as my eyes met his.

I approached him wanting to ask what he's doing here but then he suddenly sipping the water from the lake.

'So he came here just to drink? What did I expect?' I thought, as I suddenly Haru come up in my mind i approach him closely and sit beside him opening my bags that contain a pen and a whole paper I started to wrote in the paper

[Hey Natsume-kun I have a question How's Haru these days?]

I showed the paper to him as he looked at it

"He's been diagnosed in clinic," he said.

Is he badly sick? I thoughtwith concern.

"He's always like that when winter is coming," he replied like he know what I'm thinking

He looked over at me and asked, "Are you worried?"

He said as he's looking to my eyes I snapped and write in the paper in rush

[Of course I'm his friend, of course I'm worried!]

He looked at the paper directly and asked"Rabbit girl, did you even like him?" he asked.

I couldn't help but think: What kind of nonsense is he saying? Why would I fall for a 10-year-old child? When inside this body is 20 years old...

[I have never thought about that]

I replied as I held the paper and looked up at the moon, and he stared back with mesmerizing, piercing eyes. I gently pulled at his sleeve as he turned his gaze to the moon, and he glanced over at me.

[Hey... Should I exchange my alice stone with Haru that he can't get sick during winter? Also His alice may help me...]

He raised his eyebrow to my question

"Do you even know what you're talking about?" He replied.

[Is there any special meaning to this exchange?]

I asked back.

Come and think of it I couldn't remember the parts of the manga because it's been a long time since I read it. But, it's normal for me to forget some details which is killing me. I should have better memorized the whole story if I'm going to be reborn to this world, I thought.

"Haa, whatever, you're stupid anyway. By the way, is it weird that you can still use the shield without your alice?"

He suddenly asked which made me snap

[There's someone who gave me a shield alice, or something like that!]

I replied nervously, sweat pouring down from my face.