"Oh, come on! The night is young and a bit of pre-race relaxing never hurt anyone" he says enthusiastically looking at me "Besides, when was the last time we enjoyed a good chat between us before the big day?"

"Daniel, I'm not in the mo-" I start to say, but Daniel won't let me finish.

"Tsh! Tsh!" He interrupts me, shaking his head as he speaks. I open my mouth to speak again and tell him all the reasons why I don't feel like it but before that Daniel interrupts me again "Come on, it won't be long" Daniel declares putting on his best sad puppy dog face, as it doesn't come out very well I let out a small chuckle under my breath which Daniel takes as a yes.

"See you in 10 minutes in my room!" he says pointing a finger at me making sure I'm not going to get away and starts walking down the corridor towards the lift.

"I'll bring the Scrabble" I joke, my suggestion quickly followed by a laugh from Daniel.

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────

‎I walk down the huge corridor of the hotel towards the room number that is illuminated on my phone that Daniel has sent me, followed by a nice message "Move your ass"

I walk down the huge corridor of the hotel towards the room number that is illuminated on my phone that Daniel has sent me, followed by a nice message "Move your ass"

Every step I take echoes on the polished floor of the hotel, and as I pass through the doors of the other rooms I can hear snatches of the conversations taking place inside. Each room being like a whole separate world.

And so, as I walk down the corridor, I remind myself again that it's okay if I've had a bad weekend or a bad race or qualification.

The people closest to me know how tough I am on myself.

Especially since the last shitty season.

Obviously every driver is hard on himself but in my case, I tend to take my self-criticism to a high level.

Most weekends I watch the other drivers who haven't had a good week face their bad result with an incredible determination and with a good attitude in front of the cameras and in the interviews. But I don't know why, I'm not capable of that.