Chapter 7

The days were going by like wind. Lina was still not seen in the school campus, and that just made it easier for us to move on. In the blink of an eye it was already October 26th and the school was getting ready for both, prom and exams. Jay had been begging me to give him tuitions, but I barely had time of my own. Finally he turned to Jade instead, and being the kind soul that she was, she agreed. We were having a group study session in the library on a Saturday evening.
-"God I hate Physics!" said Jay burying his face deeper in the book.
-"That doesn't matter though, if you have an exam on it, you have to study." said Jade wisely.
-"Jadey, I love you."
-"What the hell!?"
-"You don't right? Then stop being my mom!"
We all burst out laughing and Jade picked up the biology book from the ground and threw it at Jay. Suddenly Charlotte stood up and started walking towards the exit. I screamed after her,
-"Hey Lottie! Where are you going?"
-"Washroom! Be back in a minute!"
We all focused on our work again.

After a few minutes we heard a scream.
-"What was that?" asked Eleanor with a worried expression.
-"Sounded like Lottie" said Devon getting up from his place and looking towards the exit.
-"Think we shou-" just as Roger was about to complete his sentence the power cut off.
-"Ah!"
-"Jade, calm down. Its just the light, its common in the school." I said in an atempt to calm everyone down. Heaven knows I myself was scared in the first place.
-"I think we should go check." said Jay also getting up from his place.
-"How on earth are you going to see anything in this darkness?" said Eleanor grasping Roger's hand for dear life.
-"For your information, we have six phones of our own with one extra of Lottie's as she didn't take her's to the washroom. Don't you think these will produce enough light for at least one person with a healthy eye sight to see?" said Jay in a matter of fact tone.
Suddenly we heard the library door bang open as Charlotte came in with a horrified look on her face.
-"Help me......."
We sat her down on the chair and gave her some water. After she finally calmed down, Jade asked her-
-"What happened?"
-"It was Lina. She had a knife in her hands and she was screaming like a damn hyena. She kept lunging at me in the washroom. I think she came in through the open window that faces the grounds."
There was silence after she finished talking. Everyone was looking at each other's faces in the light provided by the phones' flashlights, trying to find some sort of explanation.
-"Do you think she caused the breakdown?" asked Roger looking at all of us.
-"Why would she wanna stab Lottie though?"
-"Maybe she has finally lost it! Now she's gonna kill anyone who comes in front of her."
-"If that's the case, I think we should vacant the building as soon as we can. She could be anywhere!"
-"Where was she when you last saw her?" I asked.
-"In the hallway. She slipped and fell, and god, her face is a mess."
-"She could still be there, waiting. We cannot get out of the front entrace."
-"Then what should we do?"
-"We should try to get out through the library store room."
-"But what if its locked?"
-"We have to try! That's the only way we can get-"

We heard a loud bang on the library door. Charlotte was intelligent enough to lock it one her way in. Then we finally heard her voice-

-"Ding dong, I know you can hear me, open up the door, I only wanna play a little......"

-"She's nut!" Jay whisper yelled at us.
-"We have to move! Everyone follow me."
We started running towards the store room. We could still here her voice-

-"Ding dong, you can't keep me waiting, it's already to late, for you to try and RUN AWAY!"

She started banging and stabbing the door like a mad man and screaming crazily.
As soon as we reached the door, I turned the knob, but it was locked.
-"Shoot! What do we do now!?"
-"We have to break this down. Come on, help me!"
We all started kicking the door as hard as we could. Suddenly, we heard the library door crash open. She broke in.
-"HURRY!"
-"STAND ASIDE!"
Devon pushed the door open.
As soon as the door broke, I heard a giggle right behind me-

-"Hehehe. Hey Kathy, wanna get stabbed?"

-"Katherine, BEHIND YOU!"
I turned around just in time to see the bloody face of Lina holding a knife, with a maniacal smile on her face. I screamed and punched her on the nose. She started screaming in agony and started jabbing the knife in the air.

-"WE HAVE TO GET OUT! NOW!"
We ran in the storage room and towards the back window.
-"BREAK IT!"
I seized the first thing I could get hold of and swinged it forwards to break the glass. Jade got out first, then Jay and behind him Eleanor. As Charlotte was getting out, we saw the door burst open and Lina running towards us, her face unrecognisable from all the blood. Devon flung himself towards her and tackled her on the floor. Roger got out of the window and I turned towards Devon.

-"DEV LET'S GO!"
-"GET OUT OF THE WINDOW!"
-"I AM NOT LEAVING YOU BEHIND!"
-"KATHY I'LL BE THERE JUST GET OUT!"
-"NO!"
I ran towards the duo fighting on the floor and kicked Lina right on the face. She gave a lunge, but then her face fell. I grabbed Devon's hand and got him up. I got out and helped him out and then we started running. We ran until we saw our friends standing down a block. Eleanor was on her knees, vomiting on the side walk as Roger and Jade patted her back, both of their faces had several cuts. Jay's leg was badly injured and he was sitting on the sidewalk, clutching his calf. Charlotte was sitting beside him, covering her face with her hands, but I could tell she was crying. I looked at Devon and found him looking right at me.
-"Why didn't you run when I told you to?"
-"DAMN IT! I was not leaving you there! You would have been dead by now! GEEZ! You're welcome!"
He pulled me into a tight hug, and even though he was pressing hard against a fresh wound on my back, I didn't wanna get out of his embrace, so I hugged him back.

-"It's ok Lottie, it's over."
-"Do you know what she told me when all of were running into the store room and she was punched on the nose?"
-"What?"
-"I know all your secrets and I will get you."

Hey guys! This part is officially 1100 words. I am proud ngl.
Disclaimer: The song Lina sang is not mine. Credits go to owner.