The Talk

Word Count: 1588

The image above isn't quite accurate for this chapter, but it includes Senjuro and Akaza, and I thought it was pretty funny.

✧༺♥༻✧

Senjuro sat outside in the dark. He fidgeted with his hands while waiting for the demonic figure to appear.

He was very nervous. He didn't want to get caught with this demon. But he also still didn't trust the Akaza. He was uppermoon three. That's not something that can be ignored. . .

When Kyojuro came home this afternoon, he was exhausted, and after eating a large dinner, he went straight to bed.

Somehow, Kyojuro's presence seemed to calm down Shinjuro. He was still drinking, but he didn't yell too much today. Senjuro was thankful for that.

Senjuro jumped when he heard a thump to his right.

Akaza had arrived.

"Took you long enough. I thought you were going to ambush me or something. . ."

"I would never hurt you or your family, Senjuro"

Even Akaza winced at the words. He knew who he used to be. Kyojuro almost died due to his actions. Akaza hated himself for it.

After a too long silence, Akaza spoke, ". . . Sorry I took so long. I had to make sure I wasn't followed or anything. I don't want to bring trouble to your doorstep."

Senjuro scoffed. Akaza didn't want to bring trouble even though he WAS trouble.

Akaza sat cross-legged beside Senjuro, a healthy length of space between them.

"I guess we should get on with it. We only have until sunrise after all, and I want to sleep a bit tonight. . ."

"Yeah. Thanks for having me again tonight. I understand how this looks. But I am trying to be better. I hope to one day be re-introduced to your brother. I don't expect forgiveness. But I at least want to apologize to his face."

"I just don't know how and when we'd do that. Kyojuro. . . He still hates you. And it's not even because you almost killed him. He can't forgive demons. . . Especially uppermoons."

"Is there any slayer out there who would forgive me?"

Senjuro took a moment to think. Then, he remembered a certain slayer that Kyojuro had told him about. A boy named Tanjiro Kamado who had a demon sister. She had never eaten humans before, and according to Kyojuro, she had even protected people on the Mugen Train.

Should Senjuro trust Akaza with this information, though? What if Akaza hunts down Tanjiro and Nezuko? Akaza and Tanjiro most likely met each other on the Mugen Train. They probably don't like each other too much. . .

"What are you thinking of Senjuro? I can tell you're deep in thought." Akaza looked over at his new "friend."

"I'm debating whether or not I should trust you with an answer to your question. I fear that you'll sell them out to your demon king."

Akaza sighed before he nodded. He understood. "I have a secret that might get you to trust me more. . . The demon king and I aren't really on talking terms anymore. Last time we talked, he told me he didn't want to see me for a long time."

"What the hell did you do?" He didn't say it rudely. Senjuro was genuinely curious about what the demon King's uppermoon could've done to piss him off like that.

"It's more like what I didn't do. I was sent to accompany lowermoon one in his mission to take down the Mugen Train. My master suspected he would fail, so my mission was to finish the job." Akaza grimaced at the last sentence. The word "master" didn't feel right on his tongue. Akaza didn't serve Muzan right now. . . And if he wanted to be with Kyojuro, he would never serve Muzan again. Akaza didn't let himself think those thoughts for too long, still fearful that Muzan may read his thoughts.