T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Start from the beginning

"Echo stones" I said, nodding towards the panel that held the security tablet "They're made from the same stones that are immersed throughout the academy to keep conversations private. The Pack that used to inhabit this Pack centuries ago were clever enough to embed the stones into the walls as they were building. Another reason why this was the best place for the Council House. 

"And you can't send your replies from here?" 

I shook my head "How would it look like if we're all holed up together in one room?" 

"Like we're smart to stick together?" Nova answered "And..." 

Atlas' groan of consciousness had all of our attentions snapping toward him. 

Nova rushed quickly to his side, avoiding Amethyst's glowing lilac colored hands as she continued to heal our friend. 

"Is he okay?" She asked, glancing at the healer "What's happening?" 

"He's responding well to the treatment" Amethyst said softly, her lavender eyes glancing at Nova briefly before returning to her patient. 

"Then why is he groaning in pain?" 

"Because the healing process still hurts" she said "And no matter how careful I try to be, the process of mending bones, muscles, or skin is still painful. As you can see, the wound on his abdomen is almost completely knitted back together."

Nova's eyes snapped to the wound, her mouth gaping open as she watched the flesh heal before her very eyes. 

"That's...incredible" She whispered, her fingers caressing a freshly healed scar on his upper chest "How long will this whole healing process take?" 

"He's responding better than I could have anticipated" She said, the purple glow fading from both her eyes and hands, as she leaned back on the stool she was occupying and exhaled a deep breath "I would give him about a week, maybe twelve days tops to feel like himself again." 

"That's amazing" Nova tracked Amethyst's movements "But why are you stopping?"

"Because the more magik I use, the more my own energy gets depleted" she explained gently "All of his internal injuries are healed and a majority of his external injuries are starting to heal as well. The next couple of days will be crucial because while he may look all healed, the wounds are still frangible." 

"On that note, I better head out" I said softly, squeezing Nova's shoulder as I passed her "I'll see you three in about a week." 

Kass nodded, dismissing me as he turned his focus back to our best friend. 

Amethyst stood, dusting her hands off on her clothes as she locked eyes with me, purpose in those weathered features of hers. 

"Can I talk to you for a second Heir Fenrir?" 

 "Of Course." I nodded my head towards the door and she quickly followed me out.