Rebuilding The Empire

Nosaka has been getting ready on what the team will do now that the team of Outei Tsukinomiya was back. He thought because of what happened, the soccer team would be broken up altogether. He thought wrong and now the team is back with more students being interested in joining. Which suprised him. He also thought that with all those cruelties he'd done, people in his school would hate him. But they don't.

So far, he received so little backlash for all the wrong he did. He can't do anything about the past now. Now he has to move forward and never take another step back.

"Nosaka-san, it's time to go." He looks back and sees Ichihoshi.

"Yeah, I'll be right there. Where's Nishikage?"

"He's helping the others put their bags in the bus. I'll get on the bus now, don't take long okay?"

"I won't." Nosaka answer as Ichihoshi starts walking towards the bus.

The team will be going to another school for a week of practice matches. They will be going Seishou High School to practice with Seishou Soccer Team, Hakuren Soccer Team, Eisei Soccer Team.

Ever since they won the World Cup, he hasn't seen the other soccer players. They occasionally ask about his health but that's about it. Not that he misses them much.

Playing soccer with them was a thrill on its own and more thrill is added when they played with international teams. Playing in a team made up of the best players of Japanese High Schools from different schools gave Nosaka a different view of soccer. And playing against different countries gave him inspiration for more tactics.

That's why he was confident that this week long training will be productive for him.

He starts walking towards the bus and when he entered he sat between Nishikage and Ichihoshi.

Nishikage then brought a box to him. "Nosaka-san, this is that mint chocolate that you wanted last Monday." He smiled, "Thanks Nishikage." He then sat between Nishikage and Ichihoshi.

He looked over at Ichihoshi, he was scrolling on his phone then he looked at Nosaka, "So apparently, there's a School Press Conference in Seishou. We might become subjects for Sports Writing and Photo Journalism." Ichihoshi says looking at Nishikage and Nosaka.

"That means interviews right? I hate being interviewed." Nishikage said furrowing his forehead.

"Well, if you aren't an MVP or the loser you won't have to worry about that." Nosaka said.

"Yeah, Nosaka-san can handle interviews so let's just win and let him handle the interview part." Ichihoshi said.

Nosaka chuckled a bit. He knew even if he lost he will still be interviewed so he already accepted his fate.

They arrive at Seishou Academy and see one of the fields there filled with students holding papers, laptops, cameras, printers, and speakers. The team look at the gathering.

"That's a lot of student journalists." Yoshiya said.

They walked towards the locker room they assigned where the other members were already changing. The members were talking with each other about various things.

"It has been a long time since we played with other schools."

"Yeah, this is good. The tournament is coming up and we need to test our teamwork on other teams before we step into the stage again."

"Oh my gosh! That's so cute Takemi! You and your girlfriend are a match made in heaven." He heard Taizen say.

"Oh no, she's just really beautiful." Takemi said scratching his nape.

"I really still can't believe that Takemi managed to have a girlfriend. He pulled a girl faster than Nosaka-san did."

He hears Ichihoshi chuckle beside him. "Hear that Nosaka-san? You lost to Takemi in the romance race." He said.

He grimace. He doesn't think he'll ever have a taste of romance. The one girl that passes his mind hasn't made a presence in his life since FFI ended.

"It doesn't matter, I'm not looking for romance right now." He said and continued to change his clothes.

~~~•~~~

They step into the field along with the other team. The field is surrounded by people holding pens and papers. There are also photographers clicking pictures. Journalism seems tough stuff. Glad I didn't enter that one.

"Nosaka, long time no see."

He looks back and sees Haizaki. First match of the day; Outei VS. Seishou.

"Haizaki-kun, I look forward to this match. We'll show you how strong Outei is with concrete teamwork. My empire never crumbles." Nosaka said looking straight into Haizaki's eyes.

"Yeah, we don't plan on losing. You're on the devil's playground. We'll show you how devils play." Haizaki said before walking away to the Seishou team.

They take their positions and an announcer speaks into a mic.

"Reminders to all journalists. You may not step into the field at any circumstance. Whether the players are playing or they are on a break, you may not step into the field. You must be at least three meters away from the field. You may only interview the players after the game. Please be mindful of these reminders and good luck to the journalists and the players. Thank you."

After that, the whistle blows and the kickoff starts.

Mizukamiya and Haizaki start the game going into full offense. Passing meticulously as they get closer to the goal. Unfortunately, as Haizaki was passing the ball to Mizukamiya, it was intercepted by Takemi which then passed the ball to Ichihoshi. Outei then went on offense as four players go up to Seishou's goal. They get through defense with flawless passes but Nosaka lost the ball when Sasotsuka managed to tackle it out of Nosaka's possession. As Spiky plans to pass to Mizukamiya, it was quickly intercepted by Kousuke who then returned the ball to Nosaka. He then used Sky Walk to get closer to the goal and used King's Lance to goal.

Amano, the goalie of Seishou used his Moja Catch to stop the ball. Unfortunately, it was not enough to stop Nosaka's shoot and Outei scored themselves a goal.

The first half of the game went like this and by the end of it, the scores were 4-3 in favor of Outei.

He sat down, put his elbows on his knees and looked down as he rests.

"There are a lot of people looking at us." Ichihoshi said which led Nosaka to raise his head to see a bunch of people looking at them and writing stuff on their papers and a lot cameras pointed at them.

He heard a lot of squeals from some girls when he lifted his head. Some of his teammates chuckled. "I could never get used to that. When we were still under Ares, there many times I had to stop myself from smiling whenever girls are squealing because of you. They're so cute to watch." Yoshiya said.

He looked at all the journalists and scanned their clothing and behaviors. They all seem to be disciplined students so he won't worry about being mobbed them when they go home. He'll probably only be mobbed when the interview part happens.

He continued looking around until he saw someone awfully familiar.

"Hey, isn't that your manager from FFI?" Takemi said looking at the same direction as he is.

Ichihoshi looks over and says, "Yeah, Anna-san is here. Is she a journalist?"