You woke up with the sun from your open window beaming down on your face. You squinted your eyes and sat up, rubbing your head.

"I thought I closed that window last night?" You muttered to yourself as you walked out of your room to your bathroom.

"Morning!" Lucy exclaimed as you walked past her. "You look rough," she chuckled.

You rolled your eyes. "Fuck you," you muttered as you walked into the bathroom you shared with your roommate. Your long, curly brown hair was... just a mess, honestly. Your bonnet had basically grown legs and walked right off your head, so your precious curls were fucked due to the way you toss and turn at night.

You stared at yourself in the mirror for a moment, then pulled your pink toothbrush from the cup and wet the brush. Then, you applied toothpaste, wet it again, and brushed your teeth. You got into the shower and washed your face. Then, you moisturized your skin with lotion and coconut oil. Eventually, you got around to doing your hair, moisturizing your curls, putting your hair into a neat bun, and getting dressed into a simple pair of blue ripped jeans and a white t-shirt.

You plopped down on your bed and sighed. You had an overwhelming sense of Deja Vu.

"What happened yesterday?"

You reached into one of your nightstand drawers, pushed away your vibrator, condoms, and weed, and pulled out a plain black book. You opened to the next available page and clicked your pen.

Dear Diary,

Is it just me, or is every single day the same boring as routine? I feel like I constantly wake up with this overwhelming sense of Deja-vu. Maybe I'm having psychic dreams or something, so things seem familiar. Or maybe I'm just living the same boring ass days, so I feel like every day is the same.

Well, until next time.

08/02/2022

You sighed, closed your diary, and slipped it back into your drawer.

"Yo, ____!" Lucy called. "I got a date, so I'm heading out! Coffee is in the pot!"

You opened your room door. "You know I hate coffee, but thanks."

"You need the caffeine," she teased as she slipped on her heels. She was wearing a black dress and black heels.

"Don't you look cute," you said. "Where ya going?"

"Gonna go score me a sugar daddy!" She exclaimed. "Maybe I can get him to pay our rent for us so you don't have to work yourself into a grave."

"I work to keep a roof over OUR head," you snapped back.

"Well, hopefully, you won't have to. See ya later," She said and left the apartment.

_________

You sat on a bench in an empty part of the park when a random person sat next to you. He stared at you for a while. You didn't acknowledge him at first, sitting on your phone and slowly moving away from the man. Each time you inched away, he inched closer to you. You instinctively reached into your bag, but you had nothing inside to protect yourself with.

You stared at him silently.

"Uh, hi," he said. You inwardly smiled at his dorky demeanor.

"Hey," you said. "Can I help you?"

"Well, I'm your boyfriend."

Your entire body froze.

"W-Wait, that was a weird way to start a conversation. I mean, I-"

You stood up from the bench.

"Wait!" He exclaimed. "This was a weird way to start off. I've been seeing you here and at the diner not far from here every day on my walks. I just think you're so beautiful, and I finally got the courage to ask you out," he trailed off. "I'm sorry for creeping you out."

You seemed to be more at ease after he explained.

"You're cute too," you said with a smile. "You really walk through here every day?"

"Yeah," he said. "Uh, I usually, erm," he stuttered. "Well, I kind of avoid you when I see you. I get really shy, I guess."

"Understandable," you said. "I get shy talking to cute guys too."

"You don't seem very shy talking to me," he said, looking down disappointedly.

You giggled. "Don't worry. I think you're cute... what's your name?"

He grimaced. "I hate my name. Why don't you give me a nickname?"

"I think," you paused. "You look like a Peter."

"How do you always guess it?" he said.

"What do you mean?" You said.

"I-I mean how did you guess my name?" He said. "Mind picking something else?"

"But it suits you. Why don't you like your name?" You tilted your head to the side.

"No reason," he said. "You can call me Peter. So, I was hoping I could take you out on a date?"

"Sure," you said. "You said you walk by the diner I work at. We could have a lunch date there around 1."

Peter's eyes lit up. "That would be amazing!"

"See ya later, Peter," you said with a smile.