Death By Chocolate

(Name's) P.O.V
Noodle, the workers, and I file miserably into the front entrance of the shop where Mrs. Scrubitt is waiting. I was still thinking about Willy and how he left last night.

I can't believe he would just leave like that and all without talking to us... talking to me. Makes me feel so stupid for ever developing feelings for him. I should've known better and not let my guard down. Well... never again.

"My my, what a lot of long faces we have this morning. It's almost like you lot had a sneaky plan to wriggle out of your contracts... which spectacularly backfired." Mrs. Scrubitt said and we all exchange looks, realising she's onto us.

"Oh I know everything that goes on in my Wash House. Well I got some good news for you, not that you deserve it. Your friend Mr. Wonka done a deal with the cartel. Gave up his dream to settle your accounts. Mr. Crunch?" Mrs. Scrubitt said.

"Here?" Abacus said and Mrs. Scrubitt produces a bundle of notes and stamps a receipt. "You're free to go." She said and Abacus, stunned, stands rooted to his spot. "Scram, bookworm!" Bleacher yelled and Abacus finally moves, taking his receipt and leaves.

"Bell? Get out of it." Mrs. Scrubitt said and Lottie takes her receipt and goes. "Benz?" Mrs. Scrubitt said next. "You don't gotta tell me twice." Piper said, taking her receipt and leaves. "Chucklesworth?"

"You've been a terrible audience, goodnight!" Larry said, taking his receipt. "Yeah, well you ain't been much of a comedian, mate." Mrs. Scrubitt told him. "I know." Larry said, dejectedly and makes his way to the door, but Bleacher stops him.

"Hey, Larry. Keep going. You've got something." Bleacher encouraged him. "You scare me." Larry muttered, frighten and Bleacher shoves him out the door. "(Name)." Mrs. Scrubitt said, stamping my receipt but I didn't move from my spot.

"Oi! You gone deaf? You're free to go." Mrs. Scrubitt told me, but I stayed put. "What about Noodle?" I asked. "She ain't your concern anymore. Not get!" Mrs. Scrubitt said, picking up my receipt and throwing it at me. Noodle and I watch my receipt float in the air as it wave back and forth until it landed on the ground.

"(Name), it's fine." Noodle said to me, but I place a protective hand on her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. "I'm not leaving without her." I said, sternly to Mrs. Scrubitt, who scoffs.

"Very well. Noodle, biggest pile of the lot. But this isn't to pay your bill. This is to keep you here." Mrs. Scrubitt said, grinning. "What?!" Noodle and I said and Bleacher locks the door.

"Mr. Slugworth doesn't think nasty little urchins like you should be out on the streets, lowering the tone. So he paid me this money to keep you down in the Wash House for good. And I'm only too happy to oblige." Mrs. Scrubitt explains and Noodle runs at her, furious. "I hate you!!"

Bleacher grabs her from behind and she flails helplessly. "Let her go!" I said, throwing a couple hits at Bleacher but he just simply pick me up by the back collar of my shirt, like I was a cat.

"Look at them go, Lord Bleachowitz." Mrs. Scrubitt said, laughing. "Lord Bleachowitz? You don't still think he's a lord, do you?" I asked and Mrs. Scrubitt's smile drops. "We made it up, you stupid old hag!" Noodle sneered.

"They're lying! I am a lord!" Bleacher said to Mrs. Scrubitt, as her face contorts as she goes from horror to embarrassment and finally rage. "Right! That's it! You're going in the coop, my girls." She said, grabbing Noodle and I and dragging us out past Bleacher, who is just as stunned by the revelation.

"And take them dungarees off, you... you peasant!" Mrs. Scrubitt yelled at Bleacher in tears. "But... Puffy-wuff! I wuv oo." Bleacher said, reaching out for her.