A World Of Your Own

(Name's) P.O.V
Noodle and I drag our cart away from the Wash House as Willy told us and the other workers about the little orange man visiting him last night while they all hid in the cart.

"He came back?!" Noodle asked. "Yes." Willy replied. "A little green man?" Abacus asked. "Orange man, green hair." Piper corrected him. "Yes! I set a trap and he walked right into it!" Willy said, excitedly. "So where is he?" I asked.

"We had a fight, you see. He won. Hit me on the head with a frying pan and jumped out the window." Willy replied. "Of course he did." Noodle said and we stop the cart in a quiet alley just out of sight of the Wash House.

"You don't believe me, do you?" Willy asked, emerging from his laundry bag. "Honestly? No." Noodle replied. "Sorry Willy, I'm with Noodle on this. It seems a little too far fetched." I said.

"Do any of you believe me?" Willy asked and the workers, one by one emerge from their bags. "No." Piper said. "No." Abacus said. "No." Larry said. "Definitely not." Lottie said.

Willy looks disappointed by all this and lowers his head. "But if we have to take a day off, at least I can give you another reading lesson." I said, grinning. "Not reading." Willy whined. "Yes reading." I said.

"Good idea, (Name). We'll run a few errands and meet you later." Abacus said, giving me a sly look. I smile back at him and look at the gloomy Willy. "It'll be fun! We're going on a field trip. To the library." I proclaim, grabbing his arm to pull him out of the cart.

(Just a heads up, when I write these fics, I usually use a transcript to help me write them. If one is available that is. The one I'm using is actually the original script and this upcoming scene was removed from the final draft but it was too cute for me to leave out. I hope you like it too.)

3rd Person P.O.V
(Name) bounds up the steps to a library while Willy hesitates, too nervous to go in. (Name) comes back, takes him by the hand and drags him inside. She begins to sing as she leads him through the library.

"Come with me and you'll be In a world of pure imagination Here for free, you can see  Every fact and fabrication." She sings, then opens an atlas. "Take a look in this book You can visit every single nation, Even fly through the sky's constellations!"

(Name) turns the page to an astronomical map and Willy stares in amazement as stars lift off the page. "If you want to see Paradise, Simply turn a page and view it."

(Name) opens a copy of Paradise Lost and Willy beams as an illustrated angel flies off the page. "Find out how Da Vinci drew it? Want to go to Mars? There's nothing to it."

(Name) opens more books and Willy watches, entranced, as Da Vinci's helicopter and a Jules Verne rocket flew off the pages. "Spend the day far away In a world of pure imagination. Stay up late reading Great..."

"Expectations!" Willy exclaimed, reading the title and (Name) looks at him in shock. "Say that again." She said. "Great Expectations, a novel in three volumes by Charles Dickens." Willy reads, then looks at her in awe.

"(Name), I can read!" Willy said in amazement. "You can read!" (Name) cheered. "I CAN READ!!!" Willy shouted in utter joy, causing various readers to shush him. "Sorry!" Willy said, sheepishly. "I can read!" He said, quietly but still very excited.

Willy then hugs (Name), picking her up and spinning her around as she giggles. "You've given me the world, (Name). I can go anywhere." He said, excitedly and sets her back down.

He takes (Name) by her hand and races through the library, glancing over other readers' shoulders at their books. Illustrations fly off the page and come to life around him.