CHAPTER 28 -|YOU ARE SAFE WITH ME! OKAY!|- PART 2

Start from the beginning

"About a week, then we'll be done," Amar's voice came from the phone, which was put on speaker.

Prithvi tapped his finger on the steering wheel while thinking deeply, letting out a sigh. "Okay, Amar, let's do it for a week. Then we will return to our original business, back to Delhi," he said while thinking.

He then looked at the seat beside him, where Niharika was sitting; her scent lingered there.

However, his eyes went wide as he muttered a curse to himself.

"What the hell," frustration was evident in his voice.

"Boss, what happened? Why did you stop the car? Is anything wrong?" Amar's voice hung in the air from the phone, and Prithvi sighed.

"How irresponsible," he commented.

"Boss, you are coming, right? I can't handle things on my own," Amar began speaking.

Prithvi, while scratching his forehead, said, "Yes, I heard you, Amar," and ended the call.

Deep in thought, he turned to look around and expressed another word in disbelief.

"Whoa, even the bags."

"What do I do now? Let it be. I need to go back. What's important is my presence in Rajasthan, there's no one to handle there." he muttered to himself, convincing himself, and started the car again, driving towards the airport.

His face seemed to say, 'I already have a lot on my plate; I can't handle more.'

***

BACK AT HER HOME, AT THE DINING TABLE,

Niharika arrived with her sister-in-law,  Ekta and took a seat beside her with a smile.

Veer, trying to make her feel welcome, said, "Niharika, come and sit with us. Why were you locked in your room by yourself?" His wife subtly signaled him to speak warmly to her.

Niharika nodded and began to take her seat. Anamika, her sister, got up from her seat, catching Niharika's attention. Anu simply left without answering anyone, more composed than before, her hangover now done, and more in her senses.

"Uh, Niharika, take this," Veer said, distracting her.

As they all sat at the dining table, Jairaaj, their father, entered in anger and rage. He shouted, "What is she doing here, at the dining table? Who allowed her to come here?"

Niharika got up again, her face filled with terror, resembling her morning demeanor--scared, trembling, and timid.

"Didn't I tell you, you are no longer my daughter? How dare you sit with us? Do you have no shame, or is your skin like that of a pig, where nothing gets through your ears? You are not my daughter; you don't belong in this house," he shouted, making her cry and look down, clutching the dupatta she had been wearing since morning.

"Mr. Jairaaj Jamwal," a more dominant voice echoed.

Prithvi, who had just entered and witnessed the scene, his eyes now filled with anger, marched inside, holding her phone in one hand.

Niharika looked at him, surprised to see him here. His eyes showed intensified anger, something stirring inside him since he had previously mentioned seeing her tears.

He spoke, "Don't you dare talk to my wife that way. She is no longer your daughter. If you look down on her, that means you are looking down on me, and I think you can't afford that, right?" He uttered with one of his eyebrows lifting in question.