8. Memories

"Catch me if you can," a seven year old Alya laughs as a young Walter chases her around the castle's courtyard, "you couldn't catch me even if you tried!"

Walter jumps on top of her and tackles Alya to the floor, "Ha, ha, I catched you."

"Ok, ok, but get off I can't breathe."

An electrical shock hits Walter, "Ouch! You electrictrified me!"

"Sorry." Seven year old Alya and Walter start to chase each other again.

Alya jumps up, it had been a week since they told her she had powers. Elvis's brother, Eli, could read minds so he was reaching back into Alya's memories to try to awaken her powers, but it wouldn't work they tried every day for the whole week.

Alya sighs, "We've tried and my powers still aren't here!"

Volcán tries to calm Alya down, "Relax you'll get your powers one day I hope."

"You know Rajani promised me the same thing! And do I have my powers, no!"

Alya walked out of the hut, Blake and his mom were walking in with some water. Blake looked at Alya as she walks out angrily, "Someone's mad."

Ash sighs, "Yeah she's never been so-."

Elvis interrupts, "Mad?"

Ash looks at Elvis, "I was gonna say frustrated, but sure let's go with that."

Elvis rolls his eyes and looks at his brother who had seen every memory they had Alya relive, "Hey, bro, you okay?"

Eli sighs, "Yeah, just that-," he was about to say something but stops himself in the middle of the sentence.

Elvis walks closer towards his brother, "Just that, what?!"

Eli sits down, "Well, all the memories I have been able to reach have been after her father died and have Walter in every single one."

Volcán turns to look at Elvis's brother, "Who else have you seen in the memories?"

"Well I've seen memories with this kid his name is, uhm, Carter. He seems to be her best friend, but, in her memories, Rajani never seems as cruel as you made him sound like."

"How does he act in her memories?" Blake sits down.

"Well there's many, but the one I remember the most, was when it was the night she left the castle, he knocks on her door and sits on her bed, he gives her a box and he smiles-."

Sarah looks confused, "Wait he smiled?!"

Eli looks at Sarah confused, "Yeah like, it was a smile, like, when your proud of someone."

Sarah looks down, "I never saw him smile, like ever."

Eli sighs, "Anyway, when she opened the box there was her biological mother's favorite necklace."

Volcán stays quiet for a moment before saying, "An emerald necklace?"

Eli closes his eyes, "Uh, yeah."

Gin interrupts the conversation, "Are we not going to talk about how she just said that Alya said that Rajani promised that she would get her powers, and he hasn't died."

Ash looks at Gin, "Wait she said what?"

Elvis stands up, "Yeah he's right she said Rajani promised her she would get her powers and he hasn't died."

Volcán stands up looking at Blake and Elvis, "You two go talk to her, the rest try to reach deeper into Eli's memories of Alya's memories." The two boys nod their heads and leave as the rest start asking Eli more questions.

Alya is staring at her emerald necklace; Elvis and Blake walk in, Blake yells, "When did he promise you!"

Alya stands up, "Promised me what?"

Blake keeps walking towards Alya, he is about to yell but he calms down, he knows he won't get anywhere by yelling, "When did he promise you that you would get your powers?"

Alya tried to think, "Uhm I don't know, maybe like nine years ago why?"

Elvis finally speaks up, "If Rajani dies we won't be able to save the kingdoms."

"Why?"

"If a king from Eclipsara dies because of not keeping a promise his kingdom gets destroyed!" Blake said nervously.

"What, why?!"

"Another king put a curse on every Eclipsara king that if they break a promise and die their kingdom will, blow up!"

"So your telling me I need to get and learn to control my powers in less than a year?!" Elvis nods his head, Alya starts to freak out, "How can I do that!" The lights start to flicker and Alya's eyes start to have green lightning run through them, all of the sudden the whole camp loses power.

A few minutes later Volcán, Ash, Eli, Sarah, and Gin run through the door, Alya has electricity covering her whole body. Alya's powers were now active.

I hope you guys like this chapter, I enjoyed how many people I had to include

I hope you guys like this chapter, I enjoyed how many people I had to include. The next chapter is going to explain what happened after Alya left the kingdom, and will a a time jump of six months 😁.