Chapter 7: Beer and Cigarettes

The three of you arrive at the karaoke bar and grab a private room. Choso orders another beer and you order a [favorite fruit] mojito. The room is small but cozy. A single round table surrounded by a booth of red leather seats. On the opposing wall was a tiny stage with a TV screen for viewing lyrics and music videos and a computer for picking songs.

Soon after the three of you arrive, you hear a knock at the door and Yuji hops up and answers it. He opens the door to three college students. 

"Choso, Y/N, these are my friends from school." He gestures towards his friends "And this is my older brother and his... friend." He wiggles his eyebrows a little bit out of eyeshots of you and Choso, obviously already shipping something between the two of you. The girl is the first to speak, she extends her hand and says: 

"Nobara Kugisaki! Nice to meet ya!"

You shake her hand and exchange formalities. She's wearing a slightly shorter skirt than your own with a tank top tucked into it. She also wore an unzipped, light blue jacket. It highlighted her light brown hair nicely; she was a very cute girl, you thought.

The next person to introduce themselves was a big, burly man who wore his hair in a singular bun. He appeared older than the others. Hell, he could be older than you for all you know.

"Aoi Todo." He stated with a wink. Extending his hand. You returned the greeting before he turned to Choso and grinned. You could see Yuji snickering in the background.

"Choso. Yuji has become very dear to me-" (They have only known each other for a month) "and as his blood relative, I must ask you this very important question so I can gauge the type of man you are."

Gods. Where is this going?

Aoi very dramatically points a finger at Choso while the other three college students are practically losing it in the background.

"What kind of woman is your type?"

Choso's jaw drops and his eyebrows furrow, obviously stunned. He pauses for a few seconds but after that, the only noise that formulates out of his mouth is:

"Huh?"

"Ass? Tits? It's a simple question." Aoi continues. "Or are you a kinky little guy who's into feet?" Todo wiggles his eyebrows and licks his lips as Choso's face becomes cherry red. Yuji is completely losing it at the sight of his brother becoming flustered. You can't help but bring your hand up to your mouth to hide a smile at this point as well. This is absolute nonsense. Finally, Choso speaks:

"I don't think this is something that should be discussed outright. But if you MUST know. I favor intelligence and someone I can hold a conversation with rather than objectify based on their appearance."

"Tsk. Boring." Aoi looks annoyed.

"Well. I like piercings." You say to lighten the mood. 

"Aha! There we go, little miss!" Aoi grins and motions for a high five.

You can't help but notice a faint blush on Choso's cheeks and you return the high five. Choso has several piercings himself.

Finally, the third friend walks up to you and Choso and slightly bows his head. He had black spikey hair and wore all black. His personality seemed quite opposite from Yuji's at first glance but to be fair, so did Choso's so maybe that's why they were friends. Opposites attract after all.

"Mugumi Fushiguro, nice to meet you." He says in a quiet yet respectful tone.

"Let's get this party started!" yells Kugisaki as she grabs Yuji to help her look for song choices. Meanwhile, you slot into the booth next to Choso and decide to sip down some liquid courage before singing.

"Whatcha drinking?" You ask Choso.

"Blue Moon" He replies, "And you?"

"Mojito! Almost sweet enough, you can't taste the alcohol." You smile. "Wanna try?" You swivel the straw towards him.

"Ah, no I'm fine. Thank you."

Choso becomes pretty quiet after that. The two of you continue to sip on your drinks and watch as Yuji and his friends take turns singing karaoke. Yuji and Nobara try desperately to get Megumi to sing along with them, but in the end, he ends up in the booth with Choso and you.