12 : i can't bear the distance

Start from the beginning

Noor and Rahil exchanged wide-eyed glances, clearly taken aback by my unexpected gesture.

Addin, on the other hand, looked like he had just seen a ghost. He cleared his throat and blinked, trying to process what had just happened.

"What the fuck was that? Stay away from me," he grumbled, his voice filled with confusion.

Annoyed by his reaction, I retorted, "Shut up! It was just a hug! You don't have to grumble about everything!"

"And c'mon now can't I even hug my brother?" the words rolled off my tongue on their own and the realisation made me hit my own head on the wall.

Addin's expression turned incredulous.

" Are you high or something, Ayezah?" Addin asked, clearly flustered by the situation.

Meanwhile, Noor and Rahil couldn't contain their laughter, and they both busted out laughing covering their mouths with their palms as they exchanged amused glances.

" Typical, brother-sister things, Oh my god!" Noor said, her laughter filling the air.

"I know, right?" Rahil chimed in. Addin and I exchanged awkward glances, unsure of how to react.

                                    — ★

"This is so damn good, Noori!" Najma chirped, showering Noor with compliments. I savored the bite of my butter naan, soaked in the rich, flavorful butter chicken, with a mouthful, I said "Can't agree more, Noor. This is just wow." Noor thanked both of us, smiling widely.

Seated around the dining table, we all indulged in the delicious feast that Noor had prepared, a spread of mouthwatering desi dishes.

Suddenly, Najma burst into laughter, catching everyone's attention.

"Sorry, but I remembered the last time we had dinner at Bhai's place," she managed to say between her laughter.

" oh god yess! That was hilarious." Her husband joined in laughing, and Rahil shot them a glare.

Curiosity got the best of Noor, and she frowned, leaning closer to Najma and asking her about it.

After a few whispered words in Noor's ears by najma, Noor's face lit up, and she too erupted into laughter, leaving me feeling a little flushed.

I shot a glare at Najma. "Sorry, Bhabhi, you both were too cute that day! " she chuckled.

Then, Najma turned her attention to Rahil, her mischievous grin widening. "Oh, and by the way, Bhai, I can expect to become an aunt soon, right?" she asked innocently.

Rahil choked on his water, his ears turning pink, clearly caught off guard. He shot Najma a glare, attempting to regain his composure.

"Najma... stop talking so much while eating," he stammered, finally managing to take a sip of water. I couldn't help but press my lips together, finding his nervous state utterly cute.

Rahil Adorable khan.

I quickly pushed the urge back to just pull down his face and kiss him breathless.

I cleared my throat and focus my attention back on food.

                                     — ★

"I said no, Najma!" Rahil stated, his annoyance evident in his voice. We were all now gathered in the living room after the dinner. Noor and Addin occupied the front couch, while Rahil and I sat across from them. Najma and her husband settled comfortably on the side couches.