Chapter Four

Charly and I spent some time with his parent before going up the staircase to a guest room. As we were walking past a door I caught a scent. It was exactly like the one I sensed at the cafe. Whose scent is that? Why do I seem to be drawn to it?
     "You can stay here," Charly said as he opened the door to the guest room. It was gorgeous. The bed was on a raised platform. Maybe I'll have someone do that to my room. There was a sitting area at the foot of the bed. Next to the sitting area were bookcases.
     I walked around and then sat down on a sofa. I leaned back and looked up at Charly. "So, I met your parents. When will I meet your brother?"
     He looked away "He's not here. He left for college this morning. He is apologetic for not being here to meet you."
     I stood up and walked over to my bag sitting on the bed. "Ok. I guess I'll meet him another day...." I unzipped my bag and took everything out. I started to put them away. As I was putting my toothbrush up; I felt a gnawing ache in my chest. I was disappointed for some reason. Charly is hiding something from me, and I wonder if his brother and the man at the cafe are connected. After a while I heard the door open and close. I paused in putting awy my stuff and stood in front of the window. The room looked out at a garden. There were so many flowers. In the middle sat a water fountain. Trees lined the sides. I stood and looked at the garden until I was time for bed. I quickly put everything away and climbed into bed. I tossed and turned for while thinking about the pheromones. Charly's brother even came to mind. I don't get it, the man is haunting me and I haven't even met him yet.
     In the morning I got dressed as usual, I slipped my combat boots on and went downstairs to find Charly and his parents in the kitchen.
     "Good morning," I said as I sat next to Charly and started to put eggs and bacon on a plate.
     "Morning Killian. How did you sleep?" Hanna asked.
     I looked down at my plate and played with my eggs. "Fine." Honestly, I didn't sleep very well. My mind wouldn't turn off and it wasn't like normal. Normally I can flick a switch and my mind will be empty. I did flick the switch last night but there were still thoughts about the scent and Charly's brother.
     "That's ok. I'm sure that you're just adjusting to a new place. No reason to worry."
     I looked up at Hanna. She had such a sincere expression I felt all my worries melt away.
     I took a deep breath. "Thanks Hanna. I guess I needed that."
     Charly laughed next to me. "You were anxious? What could make the Great Killian anxious?"
     I glared at him and sighed. We continued to eat breakfast with little conversations mixed in. When we were done we parted ways with Charly's parents and decided to watch a movie in their home theater.
     "Would you like to go swimming?" Charly asked as the credits of Avatar: The Way of Water began to roll. Charly gets up and reaches out a hand for me.
     Grabbing his hand I look at him and raise an eyebrow. "I didn't bring trunks."
     Charly tilted his head. "Oh yeah. Well, I have some or we can go shopping for a pair."
     I looked him up and down. "I don't think yours will fit me."
     He looked at me confused. "Why not?"
     "Charly, look at you and then look at me."
     He looked himself up and down; comparing our height and waist difference a lightbulb went off. "You'r smaller than me."
     I sighed. "Yes, yes I am." The last thing I need is for the trunks to fall off of me as I'm swimming. Charly jumped up "Ok, off to the mall we go." he sxcitedly said, he began to drag me down the hall and out the front door. "Mom, dad, we're doing to the mall." He yelled as we went. He never waited for an answer back.
     When we arrived at the Gellar Mall, we went straight to Jacksin's Sporting Equipment and Apparel, Charly dragging me the whole way to the swimming section. He kept showing me trunks but I would shake my head. My eyes finally landed on a black pair with gold accents. I began to check the rack for my size. I gasp as my hand snatches at the size small trunks.
     "We've got a winner! Now let's get out of here." I quickly walk up to the counter to pay. We then decided to go to the food court. On the way there, I could smell the scent again. I looked around and then my eyes landed on Mystery Diner Man.

Raiven POV

     Oh shit. Why are they here? I left the house early since it wasn't time to meet and was hanging out with a friend. At the first sight of Killian my scent escaped. I pulled my phone out and texted my brother, 'Why are you here? I told you I was going to be at the mall with Azule today.'
     I watched as Charly took out his phone and then glanced up, looking around. When he saw me he sent me an apologetic look before looking back down at his phone, 'Sorry big bro. Killian didn't bring trunks and mine won't fit him so we came to buy some.'
     I sighed, 'Ok. Next time give me a heads up ffs' I put my phone away and look up at Killian. He was looking back at me, puzzled. Like he was trying to figure something out.
     I smirked. This is kinda fun.
     "Raiven." I heard someone whine beside me. I looked over and saw my best friend Azule. We have been friends since high school. Besides my family, she was the only one I felt comfortable around. Her bright blue eyes had a calming effect on me. The only problem is she seems to have actual feelings for me. I have told her countless times I will not be with her. No matter how many times I tell her she won't give up on the idea that I might change my mind.
     She grabbed my arm and pressed her chest against it. "Why are you distracted? We're supposed to be hanging out." She said in a voice she thought was cute but I found high pitched and whiny.
     I took my arm back and looked over at Killian. His face darkened, and I could sense that he didn't like her touching me, but of course he had no idea why. "Sorry, Azule. I had to talk to my little brother about something. Also please keep your breasts off my arm. We've been over this. What would Philip say? Or is his name Damon?"
     She turned away, sulking. "It's Tobias and he wouldn't care. He's only with me until he finds his mate."
     I turned away from her and watched as Killian and Charly walked away. "Hmmm. I'm more of a one and done kind of guy." I couldn't help but give a small smile. So small no one would notice. I was enjoying seeing different facets of Killian, even ones he probably didn't know about, and the urge to run after him almost became unbearable.
     "We should go back to the dorms."

Killian POV

     I couldn't take my eyes off him. When the girl next to him grabbed his arm and pressed against it with her boobs I felt possessive. I didn't like it. It was like my body felt like he was mine and no one could touch him. Why I felt like that I don't know. I tore my eyes away and turned to Charly. "Can we go? I want to go to other stores."
     He looked up at me while putting his phone away. "Sure. We can do whatever you want."
     We went to Spencer's and Hot Topic. I bought some graphic tees, jeans and more rings for my tongue piercing. I even got some fingerless gloves. Afterwards, we went back to Charly's. I went up to my guess room and put everything away. I changed into the trunks and sandals and went down to the living room.
Charly took me to the indoor swimming pool since it was mid October and chilly outside. We swam for a few hours. After a while I got out and watched Charly. Just as I was getting thirsty one of their maids came in with lemonade.
     "Thanks, miss." I said as I took a glass.
     "You're welcome, young master." She said as she turned around and went back inside.

Ok my dears. From now on it will be new chapters every update. I'm sorry for making you wait and thanks for your patience. Anyways, what do you think about Killian and Raiven?