five. preparations

preparations

preparations
...
chapter five
🪩🏹🎨

MATILDA AND GROVER walked side by side, going to find percy, chiron and mr

MATILDA AND GROVER walked side by side, going to find percy, chiron and mr. d.

see they knew percy wouldn't accept the quest, so grover had told matilda some life changing information that they both hoped- no, they both knew would convince percy.

even matilda was shocked at the information, and not much surprised her anymore.

they made their way around the wrap around porch, grover walking slowly so they didn't hear his hooves against the wood.

"what if we get in trouble for telling him? what if he picks me and i don't get to go because i'm on punishment?" matilda said to grover, keeping her voice low. "you won't get in trouble. wait outside when i tell him."

matilda rolled her eyes. "as if i'm gonna come all the way here just to let you take the fall. i'm going in with you." she said as they neared the sun room of the big house.

"matilda, mr d really dislikes you. almost as much as he dislikes percy. if you do this for percy, you'll be in more trouble than i would be." matilda sighed. grover was right, and she really appreciated him being so cautious of her getting in trouble, but she just felt terrible.

"you will accept this quest!" they heard mr. d shout. grover and matilda exchanged a wide-eyed look. "stay here." he told her. she did as he said, before he rushed into the room. "hey everybody!" he said, announcing his presence as the heads of chiron, dionysus and percy turned toward him. "grover, now is not the time." chiron shook his head.