Broken songbird

Hawks is used to many things, having to comfort his daughter after she got a vaccine is not one of them. He holds her while she bawls her eyes out and Touya talks to the doctor about the medications she needs to take they had unfortunately found out the hard way that she has hollow bones like Hawks in addition to even more Avian instincts than they initially thought. So they had to get her broken arm healed and some extra vaccines so her instincts wouldn't result in her injury. It's not fun for anyone involved because Kaiya had clawed massive gashes in the doctor's arm on accident and all Hawks want is the awful sound of her crying to stop.

Of course, making matters worse they had to use fake identities and disguises since Touya is a wanted criminal and the HPSC isn't exactly pleased with Hawks right now. Once Kurogiri has them back at the base Kaiya flys over to Toga clinging to her. She makes a bunch of indignant and upset chirps before trying to actually speak.

"Papa and Dad are meanies! Made me get ouchy poke!" Toga looks at the bandaid and smiles, she's been doing that quite a bit recently and not in a psychotic way, with genuine happy little smiles. 

"How could they?! Although I'm the... Tickle monster!" Kaiya squeals and flies away as Toga starts skipping after her, moving her fingers like she's tickling the air it's an insane look but arguably makes the whole base feel much more like a home. 

"Kaiya needs to be careful her arm isn't fully healed please stop chasing her Toga." Toga reluctantly stops and then sits on the couch, returning to what she'd been doing before they came back. Kaiya flies back over frustration already forgotten chirping to be picked up. Dabi picks her up grinning. She chirps contentedly nipping his finger. 

"Ah ah ah no, Kaiya bad, no biting!" Dabi scolds gently pulling his hand away, it's an unfortunate habit she's picked up to nip at people never hard enough to draw blood just latching onto their fingers though the doctor had pointed out it was possibly teething just in a different form than most toddlers experience. Though chewing on people is still bad, Dabi gets a teeth toy and gives it to Kaiya, she chirps appreciatively feathers fluffing up as she latches onto it biting down hard.

Later that night it's just Dabi and Kaiya the base feels strangely hollow with Keigo out getting food and the rest of the league attacking a fairly high-ranked heroes agency. There's an ominous feeling in the air that he can't quite place as he makes dinner leaving Kaiya to play in her room when he hears a gut-wrenching screech. Time seems to slow as he runs for the room finding a duo of people cornering Kaiya one of her wings bent at a funny angle as she cowers in the corner, just like that his vision is red if he'd been willing to burn the commission to the ground over Keigoes suffering he's ready to engulf the world in ghostly blue flames as it's recompense for his child's pain. 

But as the flames lick at his hands racing up and down his arms he freezes, the bastards had moved one clearly has a teleportation quirk they're now using Kaiya as a shield. If Dabi were to burn them now she'd burn with them. He tries to get in close just wanting Kaiya safe as helplessness creeps into his mind there's no safe way to get her away from these people.

"Oh, the villain wants to burn us how cute... you're useless without that stupid bird or your allies, we'll be taking the brat with us for some... training. Consider it as payment for Hawks defecting you were both warned now you get to see that we are more than idle threats." Dabi lunges growling only to pull back at the last minute when the man pulls Kaiyas wing into his path she's nipping and clawing helplessly as another screech of pain rips from her throat, he'd just plucked a feather.

"Shame on you we'll be off now give our regards to Hawks." The air seems to have an immense pressure build before it disappears with an audible popping noise and when he blinks they have vanished.