Little moments

Dabi is up waiting for Keigo to get home he'd put Kaiya in bed several hours ago, the lack of windows is disconcerting as is the fact he isn't allowed outside much so he doesn't know what time it is all he knows is Keigo has been gone for too long and it's stressing him out. Finally, when the door swings open he looks over Keigo is hurt a little bit but not too badly which makes him breathe a silent sigh of relief.

"Hey, I'm home." Keigo is sure to be quiet not wanting to wake Kaiya by accident. They go over to the couch and put on a fantasy movie as background noise while Keigo tells Dabi about his patrol and Dabi responds by telling Keigo some funny stories from today about Kaiya, his favorite one was when she accidentally got a wing stuck in the couch cushion while playing with her stuffie, she had given up and just turned herself into basically a burrito until Dabi helped her get unstuck, Dabi had even managed to get a photo which he shows to Keigo, Kaiya has yet to stop melting their hearts with every silly little thing she does, she's also a very talkative kid.

 Keigo had given her one of his feathers telling her to keep it safe, and then Kaiya gave him one of her snowy white feathers saying 'Keep safe.' Even though she was just parroting what she'd heard it had been too cute for words. Keigo laughs before hearing crying from Kaiya's room.

"Sounds like she's hungry, I'll handle it you keep her distracted while I grab the baby food." Keigo nods gratefully and Dabi grabs Kaiya from her room before putting her down in front of the couch where there is a bucket of toys. Keigo watches her playing with them before she seems to get bored and looks over at the kitchen clumsily crawling.

"Dabi Kaiya is crawling!" Keigo calls out as a half warning and half in surprise the doctor had said because she was created by a quirk her motor control development could be delayed though that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Dabi stops his struggle with the baby locks, why is everything that is baby-proofed also adult-proofed??? to look into the living room where Kaiya is clumsily crawling around he pulls out his phone to take a video. 

"Hey, Kaiya come here kiddo!" Keigo had moved so he was sitting on the floor across the room from Kaiya and she stopped crawling towards the kitchen changing directions so that she was now heading towards him. When she reaches Keigo she crawls into his arms. 

"Papa!" Keigo grins, he's very proud of Kaiya.

"Yeah baby bird?" Kaiya grabs his arms.

"Papa up!" She bounces and her wings fluff up a bit.

"You want up?" Keigo grins picking her up. Kaiya snuggles into his arms and flaps her wings, it's not like Keigo is super tall or anything but he can see why his kid loves being picked up, for someone so tiny it must be like when he flies over the clouds. Keigo carries her over to the kitchen where Dabi finally manages to get past the baby lock and has some apple sauce. Keigo puts Kaiya in her high chair grabbing the food from Dabi. At least she isn't a messy eater.

Keigo's phone dings with a notification and he groans picking it up there's a case with a high public profile the commission managed to shoehorn him into. At least he'll be working with Best Jeanist much better than the countless press conferences and missions he ends up with Endeavor on he used to look up to the man but after what Touya had told him... He's disgusted to think that he ever idolized him but what's done is done though there is no chance in hell that Endeavor is getting anywhere near his kid he walks over to Kaiya and ruffles her hair touching the feather she had given him which is safely tucked away in one of the inner pockets of his jacket at all times right next to his heart.

"I have to go to work alright Kaiya?" Dabi is frustrated Keigo had gotten home not even an hour ago and he's already leaving again. Keigo hates it as well, he just doesn't have much of a choice in the matter.