07 , safe haven

insufferable; safe haven
"you are so insufferable but... i will be your safe haven."

wow... dottore? in prison? has he done that much bad shit..?

scaramouche sighs when he checks his phone.

"yeah. sorry, gotta make this quick. i have a programming project with cyno.. it's due next week so..." he groans. "honestly.. his jokes are at makes me age..."

"you can say that again.." alhaitham snorts.

scaramouche looks up at him, like something in his mind clicked. "so you're the guy he talks about. 'grey haired econ tree,' huh?"

you laugh out of surprise, the name sounding absolutely ridiculous.

"that's his nickname for me? jeez... him and kaveh give me a headache."

"tell me about it. i hear that guy everywhere, and his building is miles away from ours..." scaramouche furrows his brow. "anyway, it was nice meeting you two. here's my number, in case you ever need any help again?"

"sure! thanks so much again, scaramouche!!" you wave and he reciprocates the wave without turning his head.

the sun was starting to go down, oh, how you loved the beautiful colors of sunsets... the clouds reflecting the light of the sun...

you took some time to admire the beautiful view above you.

alhaitham seemed to notice this, because you heard faint sounds of a camera clicking behind you.

you spun around, and indeed, alhaitham was taking pictures. well, it makes sense, right? he has a good eye for scenery, and the sunset does look especially pretty tonight.

"oh, look at that, mr. grey haired econ tree, taking photos of the sunset sky... what a lover boy." your tone of playful sarcasm was as clear as day.

he pauses on taking pictures and gives you a look that you couldn't possibly read, even with your psychology skills. "are you going to call me that too now?"

"noo~ but it is a funny nickname.. it threw me off when scara first said it.." you giggled.

alhaitham took another picture. "i would prefer you call me insufferable, it's at least a more fitting description."

you blinked and pulled out your smuggest smirk. "did you just take a picture of me?"

alhaitham rolled his eyes and put his camera in his bag. "don't be ridiculous. the background behind you looked nice, you just got in the way."

"sounds like someone is in denial. that's a river in egypt, ya know."

"losersayswhat?"

"what?"

alhaitham laughs with a smirk in his voice. he chuckles and slightly walks faster than you, turning into running.

you giggle and run after him, the sunlight illuminating the gorgeous architecture of the campus. "hey!! wait up, you fucking tree! ge- hahaah- back here!!!"

oh, if only you could see how gorgeous you looked behind that sunlight.