t w e n t y s e v e n ☄️

The allies were a day out from camp; walking through the woods of Trench. It was only till nightfall to the north tower. The mission had just begun.

Josh led the group, with a torch in his hand, which was also his weapon of choice. Kai was behind him; his hand carrying a torch, while his other hand was attached to Linh's hand.

Jenna was in the back; staying close to Citrus and Gamma. She quickly befriended Gamma, who had kept in conversation with her the whole time they were on the journey.

"So, tell me, Jenna." Gamma said. "How long have you and lord Josh lived here in Trench?"

"Going on 2 years." The girl replied. "We arrived when the previous leader was in control. Josh and I had only been in Trench for a day."

"I hear that the leader tortured you while you were imprisoned by him."

Jenna would usually not speak about her torment and abuse she endured. However, she wanted to use her trauma as a way to cope, and become stronger, not just for her sake, for the sake of Tyler's life.

So, she openly spoke.

"He did. I was his prisoner for a month. He kept me in isolation, and did unspeakable acts on me."

Jenna turned away as she spoke of what she endured.

"The leader would tie me to his bed, and rape me until my clothes tore. He beat me repeatedly, and would sometimes have Ender beat me if he wasn't feeling up to it. I remember when he tricked me into going on a mission to take out Nico, when it was really him disguised as a Bandito woman named Yvonne, who was tragically murdered under the leader's reign."

Hearing of what Jenna suffered made Gamma tremble. Although she and her brother were around when the leader reigned on their people, she was lucky enough to not be one of his victims.

"After the supposed mission, what did the leader do to you as punishment, if that's what he called it?"

"He blinded me, and took my sight away." Jenna replied. "It felt as if my eyes were plucked out. I could remember the blood streaming down my cheeks as it happened."

Jenna turned back to Gamma, and finished her story.

"The act alone was what warranted Josh to take him out for good, but at the cost of many lives; one of them being Linh's wife, Lilac."

"Yes, I have heard." The sibling said. "She didn't deserve her death."

Jenna sighed.

"I agree."

Gamma reached out and took Jenna's hand.

"I am glad that you survived, and I am truly sorry for what you went through. No woman should ever experience it. My brother and I were lucky to hide away from the evil leader's wrath, but we've lost people too."

Tears began to stream down the girls' face.

"Our parents were murdered by Ender Mastel, under the direct orders of the leader."

When Jenna heard this, she felt tears streaming down her cheeks. She began to share the pain of loss with her new friend.

"I-I'm so sorry."

Gamma started to choke up her words, but she kept her head held high.

"You are not alone, and I swear before our maker of the world, we will save Tyler's life, and put an end to the wickedness of Dema forever."

Overwhelmed with grief and joy, Jenna and Gamma shared a hug.

~

Up in the front, where Josh led the group, Kai and Linh turned around and saw the hug Jenna and Gamma shared. Citrus took notice and gave a grin.