s i x ☄️

Just like what was promised, the three women began their work on the little flower, but he dared not let them lay a hand on him. As soon Jenna left, Tyler pranced around the room, refusing to be touched.

Fauna and Ilse watched the child and tried to plead with him, while Rani stood by the cot and held a cigarette in her hand. She had a laughable grin on her face.

"Sweet flower, please let us help you." Fauna pleaded.

"We only want to help." Ilse added.

"I know what Josh wants!" Tyler cried. "He wants to turn me into a Bandito!"

"My dear child, I understand this is hard to take in, but we have been asked of Josh to do this." Fauna said.

Ilse added in again.

"It is the best thing he can do to protect you-"

The boy screamed.

"I DON'T WANT IT! I WANT TO GO HOME!"

Tyler hid himself away and covered his ears. Rani watched and chuckled.

"That little fool. There's no way you can change him."

"Rani, you shut your mouth." Ilse told her.

Fauna attempted to approach the child, but he resisted.

"Don't touch me!"

"Please, Tyler, at least allow us to bathe you."

The boy remembered the first time he had a bath. Josh helped him into the tub and washed him until he had the scent of fresh flowers.

When he was locked up in Dema, he was forced to bathe in freezing cold water that was covered in moss and stank of decaying flesh.

Tyler wanted so badly to bathe in the women's tub of steaming water, but did not feel comfortable with Fauna doing it.

"I-I want Josh to bathe me."

"I'm afraid he is very busy at this moment." Fauna told him.

"Jenna?" The boy asked.

"She's helping Kai and Linh guard the perimeter."

Tyler wanted that hot water, so he agreed to let Fauna bathe him.

~

The boy approached the two women and allowed them to remove his ragged Dema uniform. When they took off the clothing, they saw the marks and bruises that covered the child's naked body. Every whipping mark, burn, and bruise that colored Tyler's beautiful nude frame.

The women remembered when they endured beatings by the leader while Ender and Wren held them down. They remembered Jenna, when the leader beat and raped her upon arrival.

And, of course, their beloved Lilac Stasiuk, who was Linh's wife and their friend. Her beating led to her death, and they promised themselves to never let anyone hurt them again.

Fauna and Ilse took the boy's hands and walked them into the tub. Once his feet hit the water, they feared it would burn him.

"My child, it's too hot." Ilse said.

Tyler ignored them and slowly dipped his bruised nakedness into the piercing hot water.

He was expected to scream in agony from the bruises and marks left on his body, but to him, this was his first sigh of relief from the abuse he sustained while being held captive in Dema.

While in the water, Fauna and Ilse also undressed themselves and started washing the boy, while pouring in different salts and minerals to make him smell like a flower.