Hi!

Hey everyone!

You may have already seen this but I wanted to make my own statement.

Brolilolis is only on WATTPAD and my Fanfiction account is httpsapples.

Anyways, there's a website called Teenfic.com that uses this tool called WEBSCRAPING to steal your stories.

What is webscraping? Web scraping is the process of using bots to extract content and data from a website

It's pretty easy and can be harmless, but here these websites such as the one this story is about is used to bait users into accessing their website. No one actually uses these websites to read your stories.

They are doing two things:

1) profiting through ads
2) spreading malware

DO NOT ENGAGE THIS WEBSITE.

Every click earns them revenue. Every search earns them revenue. Every load threatens your computer and information.

IVE CLICKED THE SITE. NOW WHAT?

Don't panic.

Close all instances of the site. Simply open your virus scan and scan for viruses. If you have Windows you automatically have Windows Defender. I also suggest Norton

Mac and Android also have their own softwares.

IOS? Close the tab and clear history. IOS is not susceptible to viruses.

MY STORY IS ON THERE! WHAT CAN I DO?

Honestly?

My advice is do nothing. The more we talk and search the more traction they get. The website is unreadable and unseeable - no one uses the site to read stories. As mentioned above it is a scam used to profit off of your distress.

My stories are all on there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh well.

Anyways.

Thanks for reading!! Feel free to reach out or comment your feelings/thoughts/frustrations.

There's no need to panic and honestly... there's nothing we can do right now. Their domain is in a country where legal actions against copyright isn't taken seriously so... that's just the unfortunate reality.

I appreciate all of you and hope this relieved any concerns or fears you might have.

Maria