???: It matters not if you have Zero's toy. It is YOUR heart that will betray you.

She said before using a teleport crystal.

Kratos stared at the stone. He knew he was close. Close to a time when delusion would have no power over him. Close to the defeat of his captors. And finally, close to the freedom he's desperately fighting for.

*Two weeks ago*

It was night time as Kratos was walking in the ruins of a town covered in mist.

???: Hello there.

He saw a figure come out of the mist as he saw it was Kira. 

Kratos quickly drew his weapons as Kira did the same.

The two charged at each other as Kira swung his scythe at Kratos who was able to roll beneath it before swinging his blades as Kira was barely able to block them but was still pushed back a bit.

Kira threw various knives at Kratos who was able to roll out of their way before charging at him. Kratos jumped at him and swung the blades as Kira was able to step back from the attack before the two began exchanging attacks. Kratos parried one of the Kira's attacks before stabbing his blades on his chest and threw him towards a wall.

Kratos quickly sheathed his blades punched Kira in the stomach before grabbing his face and slammed him to wall before throwing him to the floor as he dropped his scythe. Kratos then drew his right blade as he tried to stab Kira, but Kira was able to stop his arm before grabbing Kratos by the neck and started to lift him.

Kratos then pulled his arm back before hacking Kira's arm that was holding his neck until he cut it off.

Kira: You bastard!

Suddenly, a magic bird struck Kratos to the ground but he quickly stood up and saw the hooded woman as well.

The magic beast grabbed Kratos with it's peak before slamming Kratos to a wall, where Kratos was able to break free before swinging his blades at it and slashed it multiple times. Kratos then jumped to it and stabbed one of his blades to as they fell to the ground and Kratos rolled off of it.

???: Come, my lovely. If pain is what he shows us, then pain is what he shall receive!

She flew on her bird as it began to fire energy blasts at Kratos who could only dodge them and step away from their reach.

He threw one of the blades at it, but the bird simply flew away from it's reach.

Kratos grunted as he kept dodging the beast's attacks.

Kratos ran to a wall before throwing his right blade at the roof where it stabbed itself before pulling himself to it. The beast tried to charge at Kratos, but as soon as it was close, Kratos jumped at it before stabbing his blades on it as it caused the beast to fall to the ground.

As the woman fell to her knees, Kratos quickly grabbed her head and drew his right blade, ready to cut off her head.

Kira: I have you now!

Kira yelled as he jumped at Kratos and swung his scythe with his remaining arm, but Kratos was able to to block, though was still pushed a bit back.

???: Well... I guess we'll have to do this together.

Kira swung his scythe as a heavy blow, as Kratos blocked it, but is still broke his guard, and the bird was able to grab Kratos before throwing him to Kira as he was able to stab Kratos before slamming him to the floor.

Kratos pushed the scythe from his body before rolling out of an energy blast caused by the bird.

The bird kept firing its energy attacks at Kratos who could barely dodge them as he had to defend himself from Kira's attacks.